cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdated Drivers on Armoury Crate

Keith_Weisshar
Level 8
Why are most of the drivers on Armoury Crates older than the ones on the website? It takes longer to install drivers manually from the website because I have to first extract the zip files and then locate the asussetup.exe file. Armory Crates installs the drivers automatically without having to unzijp them manually but those drivers are out of date. The drivers on Armoury Crate should match the ones on the website but it doesn't. ASUS, please synchronize the drivers to the same version as the website version.
7 REPLIES 7

Jesseinsf
Level 10
Keith Weisshar wrote:
Why are most of the drivers on Armoury Crates older than the ones on the website? It takes longer to install drivers manually from the website because I have to first extract the zip files and then locate the asussetup.exe file. Armory Crates installs the drivers automatically without having to unzijp them manually but those drivers are out of date. The drivers on Armoury Crate should match the ones on the website but it doesn't. ASUS, please synchronize the drivers to the same version as the website version.

Don't really know why. However, it is still in beta. For how long will it be in beta? No telling. I hope not as long as Razer Synapse Software was.

Is there anyone from ASUS that can reply to this issue?

AndrasROG
Level 10
Would be nice if they respond. I had to reset my pc twice before realising that the latest drivers were too old for my system.

As one of the big factories! Always recommend Armoury Crate to users, but the ones provided are really outdated. 😞

Ryzen5
Level 7

2023 and AC is still showing older drivers than the website. Everything takes ages to load, utilizes heaps of system resources and Aurora sync doesn't like iCue. Maybe one day they will fix these issues. Sad really.

Denbot
Level 7

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse after swapping motherboards over from MSI to ASUS, that MSI control centre is garbage, but this AC is 100x worse, mine never downloads anything gets stuck at 10%, and anything that's listed is 2-3 years old

@Denbot : Maybe your motherboard is too old? On my  AM5  ROG STRIX B650E-F ...., which is manufactured in NOV-22, the Tools site lists always the latest Version(s) at least for DRIVERs. At the moment for example AMD-chipset driver on asus-side is newer as my installed, but other drivers are up-to-date and grayed. (Intel-LAN is newer on my side, because it was updated by Windows-Update).