cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Woes.

Veovis
Level 10
Hey all,

Im having issues with the built in AX wifi on the x570-i Strix Gaming board. I've deleted the wireless drivers, reinstalled them, rebooted the machine, set static parameters for ipv4, enabled DHCP, and Im still only getting 15-20 Mbps on an up to 600Mbps connection from my ISP. This connection switches antennas all the time even though only one is assigned and it won't load any sites that arent "Big Brand" (so google and facebook work fine but ASUS loads with no images when it "behaves")

I feel like I'm missing something key to all of this. This problem plagued me with a previous modem and it still have me 20Mbps with similar results when hard wired.

My Rog Phone II gets 300Mbps on this same wireless connection in the same Area which is making me think this issue resides in my device
4 REPLIES 4

Veovis
Level 10
Update: the AX reciever says it's transmitting and receiving to the Wireless modem at 721 so it's possibly the browser I'm using or something that's translating the data.

xeromist
I would try hard wiring to see if it makes a difference, even if you have to temporarily move the machine next to your router. If it makes a difference then you know for sure it's flaky wireless.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Veovis
Level 10
Further update: I pugged in my Cellphone (ROG II) that normally gets the 300Mpbs to the wireless router and used it as a tether/wireless card via USB C and it machine still only got 22Mbps. So that means it's definately a software issue if the AX card and AX antenna phone are giving the same results.

Looks like I'll have to backup all my save data and nuke the OS drive, then reinstall the drivers from scratch if I want a better internet connection.

Veovis
Level 10
Found the problem. It was Gamefirst V. The setting was gating the maxium for web. Now I gotta figure out how to tweak it so that it's not restricting what I'm doing at any given moment.