Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these GL504GS CPU temps normal?

Andrei_Iancu
Level 7
 Hey,

Laptop: Asus GL504GS (strix scar 2)

In the last few months my laptop speed started changing in a bad way. After a lot of search, i could not find really useful on the software part, and I moved to check sensors, so I ended up taking HWMonitor and here are the results while gaming (fortnite at minimum, 1920x1080 resolution)

Tried to add the text file exported from HWMonitor, but... i couldn't.
5 REPLIES 5

KorosuKivy
Level 10
Andrei Iancu wrote:
 Hey,

In the last few months my laptop speed started changing in a bad way. After a lot of search, i could not find really useful on the software part, and I moved to check sensors, so I ended up taking HWMonitor and here are the results while gaming (fortnite at minimum, 1920x1080 resolution)

Get worried if your GPU reaches those temperatures as for the CPU that tends to it will spike. but then drop to the mid to high 80's under gaming.
if your room isn't well ventilated or clean expect dust to get into the vents a little TLC never goes a miss after a few months of neglect.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Those temps definitely look high to me. I have a couple laptops and use a leaf blower with a paper clip in the fans to stop them from spinning and blast any dust inside out. I also have a couple cooling pads for under my gizmos, and even a little fan you can strap to the side over the air vent if needed.

If dust, etc. are not the problem it's probably a software issue. That or you are playing a game on high settings and/or are in the desert in Saudi Arabia.

Hopefully this helps.

silvergem
Level 7
Andrei Iancu wrote:
👋 Hey,

You can improve and lower temps by having

1. Repaste your CPU and GPU only (Dont include the VR)
2. Clean your Fans
3. Undervolt your CPU core and cache up to -0.80v (Only works on BIOS v 311)
4. Make sure your ambient room temperature is cool

P.S 1: My average temperature when gaming was 70C only

I cleaned up the fans and now the temps reach 90 degrees as max temperature.

I also got a thermo paste (artic MX-4) and now I'm thinking about if is worth to repaste or not. 🤔

tap002
Level 9
Those are normal temps for a Asus laptop. Return it immediately for a full refund!