Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tried 2206 just for grins and my system would not even post after the upgrade. Pressed the power button and it immediately turns off. I had to Flashback to 1302 and it's fine again. I am done messing with these until I know it is going to be stable. I don't want to end up with a bricked board. I a running a 3950X with 32GB of DDR 3200.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGRIMTIM View Post
    Tried 2206 just for grins and my system would not even post after the upgrade. Pressed the power button and it immediately turns off. I had to Flashback to 1302 and it's fine again. I am done messing with these until I know it is going to be stable. I don't want to end up with a bricked board. I a running a 3950X with 32GB of DDR 3200.
    Hello,

Did you attempt to use a profile from the previous build when this occurred?

What method did you use to flash 2206?*

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    Hello,

Did you attempt to use a profile from the previous build when this occurred?

What method did you use to flash 2206?*
    Thanks for the reply. I used the EZ Flash from the UEFI. I reset to default before and after the flash. I did load a saved profile, but I never had an issue with saved profiles before. My system is completely stable with this profile on 1302. I am not overclocking my CPU at all just default with XMP and some devices turned off that I am not using.

New ROGer Array

Well, after a couple weeks of testing... i had two ''out of the blue'' restarts.

Both restarts did happen during ''idle'', one of them in front of my eyes.

The system is perfectly stable with 1302 (tested during months of use) and the B-Die Samsung memories have been tested using Karthu MemTest and passed the 6000% score mark perfectly with both, 1302 and 2206 BIOS. I could not tell why in hell those restarts happened, I am using Windows 10 2004 BTW.

The 2206 BIOS still have problems and it is not 100% stable. If you value stability, the 1302 BIOS is the only option ATM, sadly.

I hope ASUS can speed the %$##! up and fix this BIOS before next year.

PD: here some colleagues have exactly the same issue with me, random restarts at idle despite the system being stable during stress tests. https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...hread-288.html
    Last edited by slice313; 08-31-2020 at 04:23 PM. Reason: adding info

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by slice313 View Post
    Well, after a couple weeks of testing... i had two ''out of the blue'' restarts.

Both restarts did happen during ''idle'', one of them in front of my eyes.

The system is perfectly stable with 1302 (tested during months of use) and the B-Die Samsung memories have been tested using Karthu MemTest and passed the 6000% score mark perfectly with both, 1302 and 2206 BIOS. I could not tell why in hell those restarts happened, I am using Windows 10 2004 BTW.

The 2206 BIOS still have problems and it is not 100% stable. If you value stability, the 1302 BIOS is the only option ATM, sadly.

I hope ASUS can speed the %$##! up and fix this BIOS before next year.

PD: here some colleagues have exactly the same issue with me, random restarts at idle despite the system being stable during stress tests. https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...hread-288.html

Well, few days now back on 1302, no issues whatsoever...

New BIOSes, starting from 2010, are ALL bugged.

ASUS should fix this as soon as possible if they want to have any reputation regarding AMD boards, if there is any left...

ROG Member Array

I posted on this and related BIOS threads a few weeks ago, as I could not get my system stable at either XMP or optimized defaults. Long story short, it turns out that my CPU was faulty. I ordered a replacement 3700X, and now the system is stable including on newer BIOS versions. I have tested 2103 extensively, and I'm now on 2206 so far so good. In my case at least, the BIOS was not at fault, and it was faulty hardware. It sounds like other users have different problems. Just posting in case this helps someone else.

New ROGer Array

Lightbulb

Attention

I found something that could be really interesting to all of us who are suffering random restarts with the newer BIOS.

I am talking about the "CCD/IOD VDDG" voltages. If you are using values such as "1.050" or "1.000" or lower, try bumping up the voltage to "1.075" for both.

Meanwhile, I recommend leaving the "SOC" at "1.1" and the "Vddp" to "0.950". That´s all. (Vddp is extreme sensitive, too low will crash, too high will crash, leave it at 0.950 unless you know what you are doing)

My "random restarts" seems to have disappeared after increasing sightly the voltages for CCD/IOD VDDG, please if you are having this issue, try and report back. You maybe need a couple of days, or even more, to be 100% sure this have fixed the issue. I have been testing for 3 days now.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array bigtop1967 PC Specs
    bigtop1967 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 3900X
    Memory (part number)Patriot Steel 4400CL19 @ 3733CL16
    Graphics Card #1XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB Black Edition
    Monitor2 x Acer CB241HQK
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200NP 480GB
    Storage #22 x SanDisk Ultra II
    CPU CoolerFractal Design S36 AIO
    CaseThermaltake Green Riing Core X5 EATX PC Gaming Cube
    Power SupplyEVGA G3 Gold
    Keyboard CORSAIR K70 RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Cherry mx brown
    Mouse Microsoft Mobile Wireless 4000
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGRIMTIM View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I used the EZ Flash from the UEFI. I reset to default before and after the flash. I did load a saved profile, but I never had an issue with saved profiles before. My system is completely stable with this profile on 1302. I am not overclocking my CPU at all just default with XMP and some devices turned off that I am not using.
    Try use bios flashback method to flash the newer bioses - I don't think EZFlash can flash the whole firmware any more. Thats what we have to do on the CH7.
    About me: I am dyslexic and DO occasionally miss things!

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary, and those that don't.
    F people in 10 don't understand hexadecimal[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by bigtop1967 View Post
    Try use bios flashback method to flash the newer bioses - I don't think EZFlash can flash the whole firmware any more. Thats what we have to do on the CH7.
    Hello thanks for the recommendation. I have sinc flashed to 2206 and started from scratch with my BIOS settings. So far things seem Ok but it has only been a couple days. I will report back if any more issues pop up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3