cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram CAS latency on ROG Strix G35 Gaming Desktop PC

davidriewe
Level 7
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a ROG Strix G35 Gaming Desktop PC. CPU-Z shows that the CAS Latency is 22 clocks, RAS to CAS Delay 22 clocks and RAS Precharge 22 clocks.

Isn't that poor for 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM? I was thinking about buying some Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR4-3200MHz that has timing of Timing: 16-18-18-36.

My understanding is I could replace my existing ram with the lower latency ram and the BIOS would set up the timing on the memory controller to work with the new, lower latency ram?

Thanks in advance.

David
10 REPLIES 10

Zaarenh
Level 7
I have a similar problem. For answer : The "easy way" is to active the DOCP profile (timing from the dimms).

I try to change my single dimm setup to a dual channel (2x16 go Corsair Vengance PRO - 3200). But I can't active the DOCP profile. The PC doesn't boot. I try to set the timing manually, but, the "custom" bios of the G35 can't tune the DRAM voltage (no option for that).

So, I'm thinking to change the motherboard for a another brand... (if any one has a advice for me).

Thanks

Zaarenh wrote:
I have a similar problem. For answer : The "easy way" is to active the DOCP profile (timing from the dimms).

I try to change my single dimm setup to a dual channel (2x16 go Corsair Vengance PRO - 3200). But I can't active the DOCP profile. The PC doesn't boot. I try to set the timing manually, but, the "custom" bios of the G35 can't tune the DRAM voltage (no option for that).

So, I'm thinking to change the motherboard for a another brand... (if any one has a advice for me).

Thanks

Went through the same thing, the standard sticks are pretty slow. I switched to 3200Hz HyperX Fury but I still wasn't able to activate the DOCP profile. I was able to get down to 17 or 18 on the timing, but as you said, no option for DDR voltage in the BIOS. One option I am considering is to swap out for a Asus X570 E or F MB which will have the DDR voltage setting in the BIOS. I really want the RTX 3090 when it comes out, and I think in the current config, with the vertical mount, the new card will not fit. It would be a shame to be not able to use the current case.

@Asus, any plans to sell a PCI bracket for the rear that would allow one to choose horizontal or vertical mounting for the GPU?

Blake1
Level 10
Dear both,
Please kindly PM me your SN.
Thank you so much.

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
We have received your suggestion and feedback on this product.
We will take them into consideration for future improvement.
Thank you so much.

For information :

I try another set of RAM..

Trident Z Neo 3600C16 (16-19-19-39) : No boot with DOCP... Boot on set at 3600 with horrible timing (25+)

Very sad for the cheap motherbord.. 😞

Zaarenh wrote:
For information :

I try another set of RAM..

Trident Z Neo 3600C16 (16-19-19-39) : No boot with DOCP... Boot on set at 3600 with horrible timing (25+)

Very sad for the cheap motherbord.. 😞

Firmware version 305 was released on 9/10/20 to "improves system stability". For me, no improvements in terms of clocking my memory sticks (3200Mhz HyperX Fury 4x16Gb) any higher than in 304 (17-18-18-38). Had to go through a couple of dozen boots just to get back to the timing I was running in FW 304. Unfortunately, opening the saved profiles that were stable in 304 resulted in timings that show as 0Mhz in 305 so I had to start from scratch. Had to do a few CMOS jumper shorts to get the PC to startup too. Another issue is that my 2 HDs disappeared with the FW update until I realized that the SATA settings defaulted to RAID instead of AHCI. Thankfully no data loss.

Any news on problem to upgrade memory on G35DX?

I can't set my memory with XMP/DOCP profil... Dont boot at all..

Memory dim : TridentZ Neo F4-3600 ...
Bio version: 310 (last version on asus site)

Any one has upgrade memory on G35DX with good timing?

Same boat.. did anyone find an answer?, ASUS support, are you there?

samj
Level 8

The G35DX motherboard is still crippled in April 2023 with latest (315) bios. This is pretty bad form from ASUS for a purportedly high-performance machine and someone should take ownership of fixing it. These are expensive machines and when you lose customers like me, you lose us for good.