cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal CPU and GPU temps while on heavy gaming for ROG Zephyrus M-15 RTX 2070 ?

Ekiminam
Level 7
Hello, ROG community! I have a concern. When Im on heavy gaming, my CPU temp reaches around 85-90°C while GPU gets to 88°C to 95°C. Would like to ask if thats normal?
If it is normal, is it ok to play on this condition for long hours?
But if it is not normal, what are the ideal temperatures while on heavy load? Note that Im not getting any FPS drops or other performance issues. Just really worried about the thermals. Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5

Jaroslaw_0
Level 8
CPU temperature is fine. But the GPU is way too high. The maximum temperature of this system is 88 ° C at 85 ° C it begins to lower the clocks. This way, you can damage the graphics card. The GPU temperature should be between 75-80 ° C.

Jaroslaw_0 wrote:
CPU temperature is fine. But the GPU is way too high. The maximum temperature of this system is 88 ° C at 85 ° C it begins to lower the clocks. This way, you can damage the graphics card. The GPU temperature should be between 75-80 ° C.

Hmmm. How can I lower the GPU temps?

I have a GU501 which had speaker issue and I sent it for repair two times. First they changed the motherboard! which clearly didn't resolved the speaker issue in the second
round they changed the speakers and the issue resolved but I had overheating issue which I thought is normal! But it wasn't the CPU was always working around 95 degrees of Celcius.
Last week I openned it to repaste the CPU and GPU and guess what! There was no thermal paste on CPU and GPU! Yes! they forgot to apply thermal paste after changing motherboard 15 month ago!
And now they don't accept this big mistake which lower the overal performance and burned my SSD two times!
Be careful, as your laptop may have poor or no thermal paste too. Install Intel Extreme Truning Utility and monitor your CPU is you notice any thermal throttling open your laptop for repasting.
If it is under warranty sent it in for repaste!

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Lirezator,
Please kindly PM me your SN or RMA number.
If you have any other information you would like to add to, please share it with me as well.
Thank you.

lakshay2020
Level 7
Ekiminam wrote:
Hello, ROG community! I have a concern. When Im on heavy gaming, my CPU temp reaches around 85-90°C while GPU gets to 88°C to 95°C. Would like to ask if thats normal?
If it is normal, is it ok to play on this condition for long hours?
But if it is not normal, what are the ideal temperatures while on heavy load? Note that Im not getting any FPS drops or other performance issues. Just really worried about the thermals. Thank you!

GPU getting to 95? That's insane! And I was almost about to consider this for purchase. I'll steer away from this now.