Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    24
    Posts
    8

    G752VY repaste advice wanted

    The time has come for a repaste on my G752VY, and I've read the excellent guides mentioned in these forums.

    I've decided on a Thermalright TF8 Thermal Compound Paste (13.8 W/mK), for the CPU/GPU repaste.

    For the PCH and everything else I have chosen to use a thermal pad with a Thermal Conductivity 12 W/mK. This is the Gelid Solutions GP-EXTREME–Thermal pad, and comes with in different thicknesses of 0.5mm, 1.00mm, 1.5mm, 2.00mm and 3.00mm.

    I could do with some advice as to which thicknesses of pads to order in advance for different components, and would like to hear from anyone who has undertaken this task before.

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    111
    Posts
    4,174

    I would be interested in the correct thickness pad for the m.2 SSD
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    24
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    I would be interested in the correct thickness pad for the m.2 SSD
    Hi, I didn't go with the standard m.2 metal plate cover which I've dumped, instead opting for the heatsinks in the piccies attached. Can supply links if required. No throttling on either NVME whatsoever, several degrees cooler than standard, but the answer to your query was "1.5mm"... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200919_122833[1].jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	86320 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200919_122818[1].jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	222.3 KB 
ID:	86321 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200919_122801.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	86322
    Last edited by oldestfart; 09-19-2020 at 12:40 PM.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    111
    Posts
    4,174

    Quote Originally Posted by oldestfart View Post
    Hi, I didn't go with the standard m.2 metal plate cover which I've dumped, instead opting for the heatsinks in the piccies attached. Can supply links if required. No throttling on either NVME whatsoever, several degrees cooler than standard, but the answer to your query was "1.5mm"... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200919_122833[1].jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	86320 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200919_122818[1].jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	222.3 KB 
ID:	86321 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200919_122801.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	86322
    Very nice why the two different sinks? and what holds these in place
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    24
    Posts
    8

    Hi, the slanted one is so as to follow/fit the laptop body shape and still fit the plastic ram/m.2/HDD cover on, that one has self adhesive thermal tape onto single sided m.2.

    The squarer one fully encloses a double sided 4Tb Sabrent m.2 NVME, which is my main drive, with thermal tape top and bottom.

    Probably easiest to provide links?

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminum-...72.m2749.l2649


    Akasa M.2 SSD Passive Cooling Heatsink Kit - A-M2HS01-BK

    http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?t...el=A-M2HS01-BK

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    111
    Posts
    4,174

    Quote Originally Posted by oldestfart View Post
    Hi, the slanted one is so as to follow/fit the laptop body shape and still fit the plastic ram/m.2/HDD cover on, that one has self adhesive thermal tape onto single sided m.2.

    The squarer one fully encloses a double sided 4Tb Sabrent m.2 NVME, which is my main drive, with thermal tape top and bottom.

    Probably easiest to provide links?

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminum-...72.m2749.l2649


    Akasa M.2 SSD Passive Cooling Heatsink Kit - A-M2HS01-BK

    http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?t...el=A-M2HS01-BK
    Very cool great post should be helpful to a lot of G752 users and thanks for the links.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by oldestfart View Post
    The time has come for a repaste on my G752VY, and I've read the excellent guides mentioned in these forums.

    I've decided on a Thermalright TF8 Thermal Compound Paste (13.8 W/mK), for the CPU/GPU repaste.

    For the PCH and everything else I have chosen to use a thermal pad with a Thermal Conductivity 12 W/mK. This is the Gelid Solutions GP-EXTREME–Thermal pad, and comes with in different thicknesses of 0.5mm, 1.00mm, 1.5mm, 2.00mm and 3.00mm.

    I could do with some advice as to which thicknesses of pads to order in advance for different components, and would like to hear from anyone who has undertaken this task before.

    What is the size of the thermal pads for the PCH and the GPU Ram chips?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •