cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with G53sx not starting

Franiel
Level 7
ok this weekend i spent most of my time playing the tera beta this weekend and everything was going well...
anyways around sunday night it was going rather slow while surfing the net. things started getting slower and i started gettting worried i scanned for anything bad with my anti virus and malwarebytes, i even checked for performance issues with that windows thing and it showed up with nothing also.
Today it froze while i tried to start skype, i waited for a bit and couldnt do anything so i held the power button down till it turned off. when i tried to turn it on the lights lit up but nothing on the screen just black.
and it started running some automatic repair thing and that couldnt fix it (w/e the problem was)...
well thats what happened, can anyone tell me wtf happened if something went wrong or did i do something bad?
25 REPLIES 25

BrodyBoy
Level 10
So what exactly happens now when you try to boot up? If it doesn't boot into Windows, are you at able to get into the BIOS? (Press F2 immediately after powering up.)

it started fine the second time i tried to start it up.

Franiel wrote:
it started fine the second time i tried to start it up.

If you are concerned that something got messed up, you may want to restore it back to a stable configuration.

it said to do that so i did but i wanted to know if there was a problem with it

fuzon1337
Level 10
You could open up your notebook and try to take out the RAM, insert one at the time.... so if it is a dead RAM you're dealing with, then you can fix it your self 🙂 without sending it in to Asus for RMA.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

dstrakele
Level 14
Are there any Errors or Warnings in the Windows System or Application Event Logs that point to some troubleshooting direction?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

I looked for problems and it says
Problem: video hardware error
Files that help describe the problem:
WD-20120320-0157.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

it gives me the option of viewing a copy of the files
and warning saying if a virus or security threat cause the problem opening the files could harm your computer

dstrakele
Level 14
What is the a) EventID, b) Source, and c) Details of this error?

Where were you looking to find this error? Is this from the Windows System Event Log?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

also the graphics and gaming graphics ratings subscores have dropped from 7.1 to 6.6 in both fields 😕 .. idk what happened but this is depressing