cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horribly slow internet on new build Windows 10 Pro

Shoktronic
Level 7
I need some serious help here!

I finished a build using the Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard.

My internet speeds on BOTH ports are only getting to 100Mbps. I have tested the same cable/connection on two other Asus motherboards ALSO running Windows 10 Pro and they are getting 500 Mbps+. My provider speeds are 1 Gig down and 30 Mbps up. My upload speed is fine at 30 Mbps.

I have removed almost all other software from my computer to include the Asus software for RGB. I have tried everything listed on the internet to include Powershell tweaks, TCP Optimizer & updated drivers from Intel. NOTHING is fixing this and its not an issue with any of my network equipment.

WTH is going on? Just trying to log into this forum was a nightmare!

I need help for the love of all things please!!!!

Chris
13 REPLIES 13

xeizo
Level 12
I had a similar problem, using Windows own network adapter reset in settings cured it
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

If you've installed the GameFirst V app that Armoury Crate told you to install, uninstall it NOW.

Did you ever figure out the cause and get it fixed? I am having the same issue. I have tested my connection on multiple computers with the same cables. I've tested directly to the modem. I have ran the windows network reset function. I've tried installing updated or different drivers. I even did a completely new install of Windows and I'm still having the issue. I'm on a 50mb/s connection and that computer gets around 10mb/s with everything else on the network getting 50mb/s and I get massive ping spikes on that system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am only getting 4Mbps "upload", "while "download" speed on my local network is 500-600 Mbps. Another computer plugged into the same ethernet wire gets 500-600 Mbps on both upload and download. I tried the RealTek 2.5G and the Intel onboard ports as well as a separate PCIe Realtek card. I'm using Windows 10 Home Edition. It has been like this for a year ever since I put the machine together. Extremely frustrating. I am about to throw the whole ASUS ROG filled case out the window.

CPU AMD Ryzen 3950x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero and also tried ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI)
CPU Cooler ASUS ROG Ryujin 360
Memory TridentZ Neo F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC CL16-19-19-39 1.35V
Case Thermaltake Core V71 Tempered Glass Edition
Video ZOTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER AMP 6GB GDDR6
SSD Seagate FireCuda 520 M.2 2280 1TB
Power Supply ASUS ROG THOR 850P

BigJohnny
Level 13
Your speed is also dependent on the server you are downloading from.
Only way to test effectively is on your internal network. Lan speed test lets you go from one device to another in your network. Also who is your ISP? if its cable then you are sharing bandwidth with your neighbors. Only point to head end connections are with fiber.

Here is what Im getting from a random server with Okala speed test with GB up and down Verizon FIOS

https://www.speedtest.net/result/11168940331

Legolas
Level 8
Shoktronic wrote:
I need some serious help here!

I finished a build using the Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard.

My internet speeds on BOTH ports are only getting to 100Mbps. I have tested the same cable/connection on two other Asus motherboards ALSO running Windows 10 Pro and they are getting 500 Mbps+. My provider speeds are 1 Gig down and 30 Mbps up. My upload speed is fine at 30 Mbps.

I have removed almost all other software from my computer to include the Asus software for RGB. I have tried everything listed on the internet to include Powershell tweaks, TCP Optimizer & updated drivers from Intel. NOTHING is fixing this and its not an issue with any of my network equipment.

WTH is going on? Just trying to log into this forum was a nightmare!

I need help for the love of all things please!!!!

Chris

Hello,

Make sure to not lock 100Mbps on your network properties and set to auto negotiated full duplex. Secondly, I will make sure you purchase a Cat 7 or 8 cable , 10Gbps and 40Gbps respectively. You might be using Category 5 or 6 cable that is limited to only 100Mbps. Please also make sure to enable Qos on the router and allow traffic to the motherboard as top priority.
Sincerely,
Legolas

I am not getting slow speeds, but out of nowhere on 3606 I am getting disconnects (Signal is highest it can be as I am close to router). It disconnects for a second and I get window's 10 telling me "my connection has been restored" right after. Asus!

Remove the ASUS Game First APP. This fixed my problem. I have the X570-E Motherboard. After removing the Game First APP I am getting 100% of my network speed as promised by my internet provider.

Regards.

-Grace
NNNN
z

keithsrobertson
Level 7
I had similar issue when gaming, especially csgo. Noticed it would take ages to connect, would get high ping warning before looking for matches, sometimes disconnects etc. I found that by disabling the wifi adapter of the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) - which I wasnt using anyhow - solved this slow issue. Going into device manager and disable the wifi adapter did the trick. Even though I wasnt using it and it wasnt set up for use - it was still slowing down the system as it probably enumerated all ethernet connections before trying each one of them - even tho the wired ethernet cable was clearly the default one in use - still for some reason only by disabling this, did it help solve the issue for me.

Also I should add - you can disable the adapter in the bios settings - which i did afterwards.