Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Armoury Crate & Enable In-Game Effects for Aura-Ready Games

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Install and update Armoury Crate

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Download and install Armoury Crate from the link below:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/ArmouryCrateInstallTool.zip

If this is your first time installing Armoury Crate, updating all essential files will take some time and requires you to restart your system.
After restarting your system, Armoury Crate updates in the background if necessary. If there are, do no open Armoury Crate and wait for 15-20 min after a reboot while updates are installed.
*System specs, internet speed, and Windows background process settings will determine the time needed for updates.

Go to the Settings tab

Then Update Center, and click on Check for Updates

Enable in-game lighting effects
For games supporting Aura Sync, in-game lighting effects can be enabled easily:

Go to the Aura Sync page, and select AURA effects tab.

Under Advanced effects, enable In-Game lighting effects
If having issues, check if all updates are installed.

DJStephen
Level 7
Can anyone give a list of any and all services that should be running so Armoury Crate will install?
2018 ROG Strix SCAR II: 32 GB system memory, Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD main, ADATA SU800 2TB SSD for storage,

thanks

SP

If having any problems installing, please go to the latest Armoury Crate bug report thread.
Currently:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?120784-Armoury-crate-v3-1-5-0-v3-1-6-0-report-here-if-any-...

DJStephen wrote:
Can anyone give a list of any and all services that should be running so Armoury Crate will install?
2018 ROG Strix SCAR II: 32 GB system memory, Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD main, ADATA SU800 2TB SSD for storage,

thanks

SP

Hello,

I am unable to install the software, gives me always error 105. I've tried to restart and yes i do have connection to the internet.

Why don't you update the Armory Crate page with the latest version?

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

The advanced effects tab does not even work for me, all I see is this and only basic effects. Also my keyboard is on static but Aura Sync shows breathing and nothing changes.

And this forum won't let me upload the screenshots.

jonke
Level 7
Hallo,

Every thing works fine on idle desktop.

When i start a game or so it works fine for about 30 - 40 minutes then its dark .
I have to go to the taskmanager to restart the already running ArmouryCrateService in the Secive tab then its runs fine for a few minutes then i have to do this again. and again usw.

How can i Fix this problem.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.0.11.0
ROG Live Service 1.3.10.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.29
Armoury Crate lite service 5.0.8
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.40.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.13
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.7.0
ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.4.0
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.35
ASUS Mouse Extern HAL 1.2.0.3
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.21
AacVGA 0.0.4.3
KingstonDram 1.1.12
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.16
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.39.5
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AIO 1.0.3.17
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.6
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.5
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

I hope i become an answer

Mardorr
Level 9
What can we do to turn the ingame effects off PLEASE!!! I am waiting for a year now, several posts about it. I turn the switch to OFF, but it always turns back to ON automatically.

Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme, AC everything up to date, all drivers up to date, latest bios.

Hi, I installed Armoury Crate and looks like there is an issue with discovering my motherboard. After installation the device page for my motherboard is works great but after an hour the page reports the error below.

"We are sorry. There's an error with the device page.The application is going to reload the device page now".

I discovered that the issue is coming from LightingService. My current configuration have two "ARGB headers from EK-Quantum Vector² Strix/TUF RTX 4090 D-RGB ABP Set - Nickel + Plexi". Armoury Crate found this device as gen1 and set default led count to 120. I discovered that above mentioned strips have 24 leds and setting them in LastProfile.xml file making Armoury Crate work as expected. But unfortunately sometimes motherboard device page is failing and the only solution here is restart computer multiple times to make the device page available again.

Apps version:

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.3.4.0
ROG Live Service 1.6.4.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.78
Armoury Crate lite service 5.3.3
Aura Wallpaper Service Not installed
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.50.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.18
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.3.9.1
AacDisplay 1.2.30
AacVGA 0.0.5.8
KingstonDram 1.1.18
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.23
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.40.3
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.10.1
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.5
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.1.0.2
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.4
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

Recorded log files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yaG...ew?usp=sharing

LightingService log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cf1G3vY_gTkjoyszXVuP4Gle2QV7fPmc/view?usp=share_link

Same problem here. It causes problems in game. Stupid software designed to sap processing power from games. FN retarded. Makes me want to just uninstall armoury crate and just have rainbow puke lighting. Lighting is the only reason I have the software installed in the first place. Hope we get some help eventually. Yeah right.