X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 0d Q-Code Amber DRAM No Post

Novantis
Level 7
I'm putting together a new PC with the following components:

• Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core Processor
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB KO GAMING Video Card

Right now everything is installed, but I'm getting a 0d Q-code and an amber DRAM light when powered on. No boot, no post, no bios. I've attempted to run a single stick of the G.Skill Ripjaws V 32Gb from every slot which produces the same error as running two sticks in the recommended A2 B2 configuration. These sticks are off the QVL, so I'm not sure why they aren't working. As a note, I'm getting this error with and without the modules installed, so my suspicion is that something else may actually be going on here. I don't have any other sticks of DDR4 DIMM to test unfortunately so I can't confirm my suspicion. I've reset the CMOS by removing the on board battery and replacing it after 5 minutes but that also hasn't had any effect.

Suggestions? Should I try a bios flashback?
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Novantis wrote:
I'm putting together a new PC with the following components:

• Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core Processor
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB KO GAMING Video Card

Right now everything is installed, but I'm getting a 0d Q-code and an amber DRAM light when powered on. No boot, no post, no bios. I've attempted to run a single stick of the G.Skill Ripjaws V 32Gb from every slot which produces the same error as running two sticks in the recommended A2 B2 configuration. These sticks are off the QVL, so I'm not sure why they aren't working. As a note, I'm getting this error with and without the modules installed, so my suspicion is that something else may actually be going on here. I don't have any other sticks of DDR4 DIMM to test unfortunately so I can't confirm my suspicion. I've reset the CMOS by removing the on board battery and replacing it after 5 minutes but that also hasn't had any effect.

Suggestions? Should I try a bios flashback?

Yes, use FB to flash to the latest UEFI and report back. You may want to try removing the CPU and cooler and reseating it, too.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

RedSector73
Level 12
Novantis wrote:
Suggestions?

What cooler are you using or did you change the cpu backplate by chance. Overtightening of the CPU can cause non-boot and if you reverse the CPU backing plate (some come with their own and can be mounted backwards) can result in non-boot or '0d' Q code.