cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gt-ax11000 ram usage

sfemrite
Level 7
Quick disclaimer, I searched for this before posting.

Does anyone else see 97% -100% RAM usage on this router all the time? Any idea what causes the high usage? I have about 21-25 devices connected at all times with a few IP cameras with constant usage, but other than that most are sporadic.

TIA
5 REPLIES 5

Travelor
Level 8
Hello,

I have not seen RAM usage reach 100% - or at least thought to look at the usage whenever I was troubleshooting issues, or monitoring the system. Based on what I've read, the RAM consumption, is an indicator of load on the system. If you look at the Traffic Analyzer "Statistic" section, you can see which clients or App is consuming resources/bandwidth. Looking for HIGH usage and that would give you an indicator at least of the client/app that may be the issue. If you have no "HIGH" usage, and the RAM is spiked at 100%, then there may be something else going on with your router. Recommend power cycle the device - I regularly "scheduled" reboot the router, I have found that this keeps the system running smoothly and I have little issue with the device.

Be @ Peace -
Trav...
Peace and Agape In All Things -
Christ -
G73JH 1TB HD Space + 8GB RAM
Zune HD

Travelor wrote:
Hello,

I have not seen RAM usage reach 100% - or at least thought to look at the usage whenever I was troubleshooting issues, or monitoring the system. Based on what I've read, the RAM consumption, is an indicator of load on the system. If you look at the Traffic Analyzer "Statistic" section, you can see which clients or App is consuming resources/bandwidth. Looking for HIGH usage and that would give you an indicator at least of the client/app that may be the issue. If you have no "HIGH" usage, and the RAM is spiked at 100%, then there may be something else going on with your router. Recommend power cycle the device - I regularly "scheduled" reboot the router, I have found that this keeps the system running smoothly and I have little issue with the device.

Be @ Peace -
Trav...

Appreciate the reply. I scheduled a reboot nightly now, vs rebooting every other night. It really hasn't changed anything. There is a fair amount of usages showing in the Traffic analyzer but I'm not sure how that correlates to RAM usage specifically. Maybe it is normal, I hover around 95%-97% RAM usage consistently. Seems like it should not be but as no one else has complained of this maybe I have a unique issue.

bnred777
Level 7
I have the same thing going on... about 24 clients connected (smart home devices mostly) and the AX11000 is constantly using 97% of the memory... what gives?

I guess we have unique situations. I've been looking for other answers to this but haven't come across anything online. I even staring looking to see if I could upgrad the RAM, but that seems like a non-starter.

sfemrite wrote:
I guess we have unique situations. I've been looking for other answers to this but haven't come across anything online. I even staring looking to see if I could upgrad the RAM, but that seems like a non-starter.

I have apprx 25 devices online at any given time but only 50% ram usuage.

do you have VPN fusion or QoS or any other metering services on like bandwidth monitor or MAC filtering etc?