cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G531GV BIOS 307 is suck how do I force downgrade it? - solved

keyboardhouse
Level 7
I updated my bios to 307 I thought the BIOS version would be good and alot more into performance in this case asus didnt provide a clear change notes on the latest BIOS updates(it only said improve system stability) so I installed and I cannot even undervolt my cpu on XTU and also cannot sets the Turbo Ratio Limits on throttlestop as well, I already tried to downgrade it but failed it keeps updating by itself both with ez flash on the BIOS and also tried it using usb stick it wont I even let me boot to my usb stick.

is there a way to force downgrade it? what the hell is ASUS doing tho? are they trying to push me to buy a brand new laptop cuz with this updates my laptop for gaming is suck the temps is over 85 degree (repaste the thermal paste and also using an external cooling pad with 2 fans and both running on 6K rpm each) are they going to set my laptop on fire? by the way my laptop is ROG Strix G531GV
5 REPLIES 5

keyboardhouse
Level 7
ok after thousands of tries I finally found out how to rollback my BIOS and doesnt have to worry anymore because it will update itself while I restarting my laptop.
so here is the fix......

Step 1 > You need to go to windows explorer
Step 2 > right click on this pc (or whatever your pc named)
Step 3 > choose properties
Step 4 > goto device manager
Step 5 > click on > Firmware > Firmware System
Step 6 > click on properties on Firmware System
Step 7 > then goto "Driver"
Step 8 > you can click on Rollback Driver
Step 9 > restart your pc or laptop
Step 10 > download your BIOS Rollbacked version or previous bios version
Step 11 > reflash the BIOS
Step 12 > and then its all good

keyboardhouse wrote:
ok after thousands of tries I finally found out how to rollback my BIOS and doesnt have to worry anymore because it will update itself while I restarting my laptop.
so here is the fix......

Step 1 > You need to go to windows explorer
Step 2 > right click on this pc (or whatever your pc named)
Step 3 > choose properties
Step 4 > goto device manager
Step 5 > click on > Firmware > Firmware System
Step 6 > click on properties on Firmware System
Step 7 > then goto "Driver"
Step 8 > you can click on Rollback Driver
Step 9 > restart your pc or laptop
Step 10 > download your BIOS Rollbacked version or previous bios version
Step 11 > reflash the BIOS
Step 12 > and then its all good

didn't work, step 10 I'm still on latest bios (307),and can't flash older version (304 is what I want)

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
Please refer to below notice from Intel
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055804/processors.html?wapkw=SA-00289
We are following this on our BIOS setting.
Thank you.

2zero
Level 7

A 3 year bump, sorry, but this is crazy. Giving everyone a noticeable performance decrease because some researchers found a theoretical possible vulnerability? I have the old (good) g731gt 306 and 307 bios files here: drivers: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16lnNECAbch7jjSr7JrkqaZkFRUonLeTi?usp=sharing

my discord is Ryan13#5379 , pls i just need to roll back to 306 so i can undervolt this goddamn cpu again could you help?