cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software conflict between iCue and Armoury Crate

shanafan
Level 7
I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E that has a RGB panel. When my computer is off and when it is booting up, the panel is lit up. When I log into Windows, the panel continues to be lit up but once Windows successfully loads all the startup programs, the panel turns off.

To fix this, I load up Armoury Crate and I am able to turn on the panel again.

The motherboard shows up in iCue, but I don't see any options to remove it or even assign an effect to it.86059

I feel there is a software conflict going on when Windows boots up and iCue loads, it turns off the panel - until I go into Armoury Crate.

I will also mention that whenever my computer screens turn off from being idle, the panel will also turn off.

I appreciate any help!
2 REPLIES 2

MADEVIL72
Level 8
Few things you can try, first open iCue and in the settings, under the general tab in the iCue settings is turn off the Enable plugins which should turn off support for Asus. The other option is if you need other plugins running is to look under the Program Files (x86)/Corsair/CORSAIR iCUE Software/Plugins, in there you will see an ASUS directory and you can delete it to remove the Asus plugins for iCue. I've done that in the past to eliminate the issue of Asus RGB turning on then off and then having to restart the LightingService. I've also had issues with the iCue Asus plugin crashing iCue when launching Ghost Recon Breakpoint which is how I found out deleting the plugin helped for me.

You can control the motherboard RGB with iCue but there are limitations since I don't think Corsair has enabled all features yet with most of the boards. I know when I played with it last it lacked some control for my board and a buddy had issues also with complete control. They've been slow in adding stuff in and it took them forever to finally add support for Asus GPU RGB control so it might improve one day but I can say they haven't fixed that lights on then off issue. It could be a conflict between the Armoury Crate and iCue but I haven't tried uninstalling one or the other to see what happens yet.

shanafan
Level 7
Oh wow, that was incredibly easy! I just went into iCue, unchecked Enable Plugins and the panel instantly lit back up.

Thank you!