cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we see a return of Poseidon?

Skunk
Level 8
Will there be a return of any Poseidon cards for either Ampere RTX 30XX or Navi 2X? It would be great to see a 2-slot card that isn't too tall and can handle standard clock frequencies on air and then be pushed with overclocking under water.
3 REPLIES 3

NE0XY
Level 9
This, I currently have 1080Ti Poseidon which I absolutely love. But I'm gonna get the 3090, but would prefer to get it with a Poseidon card. I have a rather big chassi, so a "regular" waterblock solution makes the case look a bit empty =P Plus I really like the beefy design etc of the Poseidon cards, and it's just easy to "plug" it in and it's all set.

NE0XY
Level 9
@Skunk
Saw this article earlier: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/unannounced-asus-and-gigabyte-ampere-rtx-30-series-gpus-listed

And it says:
Asus is also preparing new EK and KO lineups for Ampere. However, there's no mention yet on what these cards will be designed for. There are a lot of possibilities; they could be water-cooled solutions like a custom block or AIO

If they are working with EK again it could be another Poseidon, hopefully. EK did the 1080Ti Poseidon block.

NE0XY wrote:
@Skunk
Saw this article earlier: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/unannounced-asus-and-gigabyte-ampere-rtx-30-series-gpus-listed

And it says:

If they are working with EK again it could be another Poseidon, hopefully. EK did the 1080Ti Poseidon block.

Thanks for the article. I had seen elsewhere of the ECC listing for additional models, but was unaware of the EK collaboration. I do hope they are working on a hybrid. I would think it would be on the thicker side, as EK now uses a jet plate for jet impingement cooling for the thermal engine, instead of the lower profile (but less efficient) side-to-side thermal engine (like on the HydroCopper cards). It would be interesting if they replaced the entire heat-pipe working fluid structure with water channels and had a finned copper/nickel outer surface with blower/axial fan(s) blowing through/on it to provide for supplemental cooling.

I have an SFF set-up and can't handle cards that are much thicker than 2-slots. I have a 240mm rad, but that also needs to cool the CPU. With the death of SLI, it doesn't make sense to go big anymore, anyhow.