cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX701LXS - Cannot get video/boot after enabling Discrete graphic/G-sync

Solar_Macharius
Level 7
I noticed that some update flipped the laptop into using the Intel graphics so I told Armoury Crate to enable Discrete graphics and G-sync. It rebooted the laptop and now the display is dark. I can't even get into the BIOS. I tried the tricks on the support site to get into Windows Recovery Mode. I even tried hooking up an external monitor via HDMI and can't get display on that either.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6

magnus471
Level 7
Solar Macharius wrote:
I noticed that some update flipped the laptop into using the Intel graphics so I told Armoury Crate to enable Discrete graphics and G-sync. It rebooted the laptop and now the display is dark. I can't even get into the BIOS. I tried the tricks on the support site to get into Windows Recovery Mode. I even tried hooking up an external monitor via HDMI and can't get display on that either.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

It happened to me and I had to RMA and wait two weeks to get repaired motherboard.

magnus471 wrote:
It happened to me and I had to RMA and wait two weeks to get repaired motherboard.

Wow. Did they say what was wrong with the original motherboard that caused this to happen?

Solar Macharius wrote:
Wow. Did they say what was wrong with the original motherboard that caused this to happen?

Nope.

magnus471 wrote:
Nope.

I just spoke to ASUS tech support and they said to RMA it or replace it via Amazon (the seller) :eek:

Update: Amazon is sending me a replacement. I hope I have more luck with this one.

magnus471 wrote:

since yesterday my HDMI as well didn't work with the 4k TV's
It's 50-50 worked with FHD resolution.

but 4k resolution stopped to work on TV.
just no signal..

you had this problem?
and how the repair was?

they replaced the motherboard?
they applied liquid metal again?