Question Crosshair VIII Hero (wi-fi) nos shuting down random

My PC sometimes dont shutdown properly it hangs with the lights on and dont shut down after i give the shutdown order on the SO.

W10 2004 up to date
    Bios 2204
    3700X
    With APCM (S5) option on the bios

Anyone have this random shut or no shutdown problem?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by blackfish View Post
    My PC sometimes dont shutdown properly it hangs with the lights on and dont shut down after i give the shutdown order on the SO.

W10 2004 up to date
    Bios 2204
    3700X
    With APCM (S5) option on the bios

Anyone have this random shut or no shutdown problem?

Mine did this a few times after shutdown, it would shut down Windows properly and turn the monitor off, then the PC stayed on for several minutes before finally turning itself off.
    I think it had something to do with quick boot, which you can disable in Windows.
    Is your HDD light blinking rapidly after the PC is shut down? If so, you know it's doing something and you should avoid forcing it off.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by criznittle View Post
    Mine did this a few times after shutdown, it would shut down Windows properly and turn the monitor off, then the PC stayed on for several minutes before finally turning itself off.
    I think it had something to do with quick boot, which you can disable in Windows.
    Is your HDD light blinking rapidly after the PC is shut down? If so, you know it's doing something and you should avoid forcing it off.
    So far its working fine it shuts properly and i didn't do anything. But i've noticed an update on armory crate to my Strix Flare (HAL)

No luck i had to try the 2206 bios let's see how it goes...