cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XII Hero Won't Boot With XMP Enabled

haybob
Level 7
As the title says... Flashed to the most recent bios, RAM is 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200. When I enable the profile in BIOS it won't boot and goes straight to BIOS. It boots when disabled but doesn't run at full speed. Any help is appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

SuperSkymaster
Level 7
I am having a similar issue with Maximus XII Hero(WiFi). Most recent BIOS. I have G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 4000 which is on the QVL. I enable XMP and save/Reboot. It always opens in Safe Mode then I have to F1 to setup and save it again. Then proceeds to boot into Windows. BIOS shows XMP enabled and the RAM as DDR4-4000 CL17-18-18-38 1.40V but always stays at 2133Mhz.
Windows runs fine but I want the 4000 I paid for, not 2133.
Any ideas???

Hi Guys any resolution to your XMP issue? I also suspect the default xmp is causing my game to blackout, will lose only visual but everything else is fine.

Late answer is late but I had the same thing (and I still suspect may be causing issues).

Only resolution I found was to put in the voltage and timings manually. XMP total no go which is annoying to say the least.