cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CROSSHAIR VIII HERO, F2 / Delete Key do not boot into the BIOS

CoachHines
Level 8
When restarting the computer, and pressing either F2 or the delete key; the computer doesn't load the BIOS, rather ignores those requests and loads Windows although only once I manually hit the restart button on the case; otherwise it appears my computer go into an endless restart. I was hoping anyone knew why this is, and how to fix it ?
3 REPLIES 3

Ziggiesden
Level 7
Have you upgraded your BIOS? If so try different ports to see if your keyboard works, assuming it is USB.

I had issues with my Hero VIII and had to go back to 1302 like many others.:cool:

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
CoachHines wrote:
When restarting the computer, and pressing either F2 or the delete key; the computer doesn't load the BIOS, rather ignores those requests and loads Windows although only once I manually hit the restart button on the case; otherwise it appears my computer go into an endless restart. I was hoping anyone knew why this is, and how to fix it ?

Let us know which product you have when you get the chance since the keys to get into the bios will be different for notebooks vs. desktops and desktop motherboards.

Anyway, from your previous posts, assuming you have a motherboard which does not use 'F2' to get into the bios as far as I remember, so you may just want to use the delete key, but with Windows 8/8.1/10 the 'secure' boot feature can make it difficult to enter the bios during boot.

It may not always work, but try to tap 'F8' immediately after powering on to try to see the boot menu and the option to enter the bios.

=================

Otherwise, if the system has booted to Windows, check the FAQ and one-minute video below about getting into the bios from Windows 10.
If you prefer, you can also hold the shift key while you restart Windows10 to see the Windows 10 'advanced startup menu'.

https://www.asus.com/US/support/FAQ/1013015

Hope this helps, and please let us know if it does not so we can get better ideas from others. Thanks.

The motherboard is the ASUS CROSSHEIR VIII HERO. It was working a few weeks ago. I couldn't tell you why neither the F2/F8 or Delete key are not booting into the BIOS, but in any case; they are not.

Otherwise, if the system has booted to Windows, check the FAQ and one-minute video below about getting into the bios from Windows 10.
If you prefer, you can also hold the shift key while you restart Windows10 to see the Windows 10 'advanced startup menu'.

https://www.asus.com/US/support/FAQ/1013015

I have already tried that link, the solution didn't work.