cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help removing AI Suite

CoachHines
Level 8
I'm going to loose my mind, I cannot uninstall the ASUS SUITE II; I've tried Windows uninstall, doesn't work; I've tried an endless amount of uninstall programs all failed in removing this program.

Can someone whether from ASUS support directly or someone on this forum please help me, I want to remove this program from my computer; it's worse then Malware or a virus, it's like a disease with no cure.
6 REPLIES 6

hellokitty
Level 11
wipe your c drive and start over.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
CoachHines wrote:
It's like a disease with no cure.

Indeed, it is. It is cancer--as is a lot of Asus bloatware.

The best way to do it is to reinstall Windows. Under Settings go to Recovery. Then reset your computer. Resetting will reinstall Windows and remove it for good.

Super Gnome wrote:
Indeed, it is. It is cancer--as is a lot of Asus bloatware.

The best way to do it is to reinstall Windows. Under Settings go to Recovery. Then reset your computer. Resetting will reinstall Windows and remove it for good.

If it must be removed manually, Asus must know all the files and their directories as well as the registry files so one can completely rid of this program without re-install which is over top.

This usually happens when certain files that are not suppose to be deleted have been deleted. This happens when we get malware or when we use tools like CCleaner or we become paranoid with Microsoft spying on us which leads us to deleting stuff that we don't know anything about. Or this happens when we install other programs that can screw things up. Lastly, this happens when we neglect PC maintenance over a long period of time.

In this case it's time to reformat the HDD/SSD.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

CoachHines wrote:
re-install which is over top.

Actually, I have reinstalled Windows a few times in the last few months. If your system has an SSD, it doesn't really take long at all. You can simply do other things while the process is underway, and don't have to do anything while the process is underway. Yeah, maybe you have to set some things up again, or whatever, when the process is done, but honestly, I have never been happier and found this process to be a lot less of a hassle than pulling out hairs over Asus marketting "bloatware."

Also, there is no need to "wipe your drive" as someone above put it. The last time I did it, all of my other software was left intact, and I barely had to do anything once the process was done. Also, a reinstall is probably something everyone should do every year or two, anyhow. It rids your system of corrupt files, etc, which can be the source of problems.

You guys must run bare systems. A re-format will wipe out most files, it should not be the first solution to most problems, and usually it doesn't have to be done unless the user has a bare system.

In this case if ASUS would provide a solution to their software, as a regular Windows uninstall doesn't work; neither does CCleaner and other tools which you'd expect to work but don't.