cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X570 Crosshair VIII Hero won't post to bios!

jakesterdog123
Level 7
Have an x570 Crosshair Hero VIII wifi motherboard, was working fine but suddenly doesn't post to bios at all. Using 5700xt gpu and Ryzen 3900x cpu. Please help, this is the second board I've had this sort of issue with. I tried reseating all components, cmos resets, moving ram around, using different ports for hdmi or displayport. Nothing displays to monitors. Tried unplugging monitors as well. Please help!
14 REPLIES 14

threlnos
Level 7
jakesterdog123 wrote:
Have an x570 Crosshair Hero VIII wifi motherboard, was working fine but suddenly doesn't post to bios at all. Using 5700xt gpu and Ryzen 3900x cpu. Please help, this is the second board I've had this sort of issue with. I tried reseating all components, cmos resets, moving ram around, using different ports for hdmi or displayport. Nothing displays to monitors. Tried unplugging monitors as well. Please help!

I'm having the same issue I downloaded and I installed the lastest BIOS ran fine all weekend and powered on PC on Monday won't post stuck on Q code 90 figures i messed up my MOBO and replaced it with another board and powered it on no either POST and q code 90. *I did get a code 56 but back to 90 I have a case with AMD and Asus opened now. *I hope to get an answer soon. *

Ryzen 3950x*
Asus ROG strix LC 360 RGB
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Asus ROG THOR 850W Platinum
Asus ROG Strix *GTX1080 *(hoping to upgrade soon)
Two Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 1 TB SSD
32 GB Gskill Trident Z Neo DDR-3600

Built in March 2020 running just fine until this week. ***

threlnos wrote:
I'm having the same issue I downloaded and I installed the lastest BIOS ran fine all weekend and powered on PC on Monday won't post stuck on Q code 90 figures i messed up my MOBO and replaced it with another board and powered it on no either POST and q code 90. *I did get a code 56 but back to 90 I have a case with AMD and Asus opened now. *I hope to get an answer soon. *

Ryzen 3950x*
Asus ROG strix LC 360 RGB
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Asus ROG THOR 850W Platinum
Asus ROG Strix *GTX1080 *(hoping to upgrade soon)
Two Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 1 TB SSD
32 GB Gskill Trident Z Neo DDR-3600

Built in March 2020 running just fine until this week. ***

I’m having the same issueÂ*
Ryzen 9 3950x
Rog crosshairs viii Hero (non WiFi)
EVGA 1600w t2 titanium
Asus strix 1080ti
Samsung NVMe 1tb m.2
32gb Gskill tridentZ ddr4 3600cl16

Post code error 02, I have tried reseating every thing soundcard GPU CPU ram 1 stick at a time different slots etc etc no matter what I do it stalls at post code 02.Â*

Marvin K Mooney wrote:
Ryzen 9 3950x
EVGA 1600w t2 titanium
Asus strix 1080ti
Samsung NVMe 1tb m.2

Post code error 02, I have tried reseating every thing soundcard GPU CPU ram 1 stick at a time different slots etc etc no matter what I do it stalls at post code 02.Â*

pull this out 'Xonar Essence STX' completely and see if it boots.

RedSector73 wrote:
pull this out 'Xonar Essence STX' completely and see if it boots.

Finally got it working i tried booting with JUST GPU and the M.2 in took every thing else out and still 02 error.

It has some thing to do with the ram if i change it from (2133mhz) insta crash and i know for a fact the ram is good ive tried it in 2 other computers and zero issues and before i updated the bios i had no issues running it at 3600 so im going to guess its the BIOS (2206) ever since i flashed to it nothing but issues with ram .

Marvin K Mooney wrote:
Ryzen 9 3950x
EVGA 1600w t2 titanium
Asus strix 1080ti
Samsung NVMe 1tb m.2

with the power off. press and hold the clear cmos button on the back of mobo until the light stops flashing

Anyway Im having same issue except mine just boots straight to windows. wont access bios at all

Bbop676 wrote:
Anyway Im having same issue except mine just boots straight to windows. wont access bios at all

See if this helps
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enter-uefi-bios-windows-10-pcs

Bbop676 wrote:

Mine doesnt recognise the keyboard from the back ports for some reason. i need to use a keyboard on the front of the case to enter the bios. no idea why

Darox
Level 9
clear your CMOS to bring back your system default