cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74Sx - 3D vision 2 problem ?

ereshkigal
Level 7
Hello,
I recently purchased G74Sx and 3d Vision 2 Kit. I installed everything as described, but in the nVidia control panel i don't have the settings for stereoscopic 3d. When I connected the laptop to Samsung D8000 via HDMI everything was running properly, with the TV glasses, the nVidia glasses weren't working at all. I re-installed the windows and the drivers and tried everything again, but still the result is the same. Can you tell me how I can fix the problem?
9 REPLIES 9

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi there

The G74SX model is not a 3DE-version ?
So if it's not and you have bought a 3D vision kit to it, then go to this support site and download the driver that is Win 7 3D vision controller driver. See if that helps 🙂

Also I did find this info, it looks like you have to buy a 3D software for the notebook so it will work on the TV too, but I can not confirm that for sure if you need it.

Try out the first link with the driver, and see if that makes any difference 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Hi, thanks for the fast reply.
No, my laptop version is G74Sx- TZ279D. I've already tried what you told me before. I have installed the latest drivers but i still don't have the menu when I am not connected to the TV. I start to assume that there is something wrong with the glasses, because I tried 3dTV play test, which was included in the driver's pack, and it was working just fine but with the tv glasses.
cheers

fuzon1337 wrote:
...The G74SX model is not a 3DE-version ?
So if it's not and you have bought a 3D vision kit to it, then go to this support site and download the driver that is Win 7 3D vision controller driver. See if that helps 🙂

@fuzon1337 . Unfortunately, even if he downloads any 3D Vision software, he still needs his laptop display
to be 3D-ready (to use 3D on the laptop screen itself).. So if his G74 isn't a 3D model, he can only use 3D via an
external 3D display.:(

@ereshkigal: Like what fuzon1337 has asked, is your G74SX a 3D model?.. If it is, just do full install of
any of the newer nVidia driver versions (e.g. 296.10). They're all bundled with the 3D vision software. If properly
installed, 3D viewing should work just fine..

EDIT: (just saw your 2nd post) So, it seems you're laptop isn't a 3D model.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

Well, when I was buying the laptop i ordered 3d Vision 2 Kit as well. I thought I am ordering 3D laptop, but in that case I am not so sure anymore.. Well, even if the laptop is not 3d, when i connect it to the tv it should work properly. I have the latest drivers installed (296.10) but, the thing is that the glasses wont work even then with the laptop connected tp Samsung D8000 with external USB IR emitter. So i think that the glasses just don't work now.

ereshkigal wrote:
...the thing is that the glasses wont work even then with the laptop connected tp Samsung D8000 with external USB IR emitter...

I don't have the 3D Vision Kit 2. But it does come with its own IR emitter, doesn't it?
Is it the same IR emitter you're referring to?..
ASUS G74SX-3DE

yeah, the kit comes with the emitter, and today I read that there is built-in emitter in some of the laptops, but there wasn't list attached to check if mine has or not, kind of doubtful, right now.

PILGRIM
Level 11
The G74 3D models' built-in IR emitters are found just on the left side of the camera (facing the screen).
It's got that silver 3D-cube icon on it.

Since I don't have it, I don't know how to assist with your 3D Vision Kit 2 problem..
ASUS G74SX-3DE

Hi,
I have the ASUS G74S and it worked fin for 3D, until it started having a bluescreen fit. I sent it in to be fixed, and ASUS sent it back "Could not replicate error"
Now the computer works fine, but I no longer have Stereoscopic 3D option in the Nvidea control panel.
I tried to uninstall the video driver, but the new driver will not install, {no Nvidea hardware detected} even with generic drivers that say it's the Geforce GTX 560M

I installed with the cd it came with, but:
Under, Start --> All Programs ---> Nvidea Corp == I get this options {Disable 3D, Disable 3D, PhysX plugin for Autodesk Maya} Shouldn't one be Enable?
I clicked them both, but it dose nothing.
Under control panel ---> Nvidea Control {No options on the left for 3d Stereoscopic}

I installed the update v306
as Nvidea suggested, as a clean install, and nothing changed. :confused:

Any ideas?

PILGRIM
Level 11
It could be that your nVidia driver bundle is corrupted. Do you install nVidia drivers in Windows Safe Mode?
If not, I suggest you do so.. Installing a newer nVidia driver on top of an older one might be okay at times,
but it usually results to corrupted installations.

Might want to try this method:
-Uninstall all the nVidia drivers in Windows Programs and Features (multiple restarts are expected).
(I suggest you uninstall PhysX software first, followed by the 3D drivers, then nVidia Graphics last.)

-Reboot in Safe Mode (F8), use CCleaner and Driver Sweeper to clean previous registry remnants.
(I suggest to clean the registry first with the CCleaner. Do this 3X. Then in Driver Sweeper, check only
the "NVIDIA- Display" and "NVIDIA- PhysX" boxes. Click "Analyse", then "Clean".) Then Driver Sweeper
will ask you to reboot.

-Reboot in Safe Mode again, install the newer WHQL driver. Choose "Custom Installation",
make sure all are checked except maybe "nVidia Update". (nVidia HD Audio is optional.)
Click the "Clean Install" option box. Reboot.
ASUS G74SX-3DE