cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus S GX701 Undervolting.

blacbeast
Level 7
I have been trying to Undervolted my Zephyrus S with little to no success, Can anyone who has successfully done undervolting with the same laptop model or similar share their settings?

Thank you
18 REPLIES 18

Jaroslaw_0
Level 8
CPU in this laptop has an increased TDP from 45W to 70W so the UV attempt fails. I managed to lower the voltage by 45mV.

Jaroslaw_0 wrote:
CPU in this laptop has an increased TDP from 45W to 70W so the UV attempt fails. I managed to lower the voltage by 45mV.

What are your Cinebench R20 scores?

On my previous laptops: Zephyrus GX531i MSI GS65, I was able to lower the voltage by 120mV - 150mV. Both featured the 8750H CPU. On GX701 with 8750H the voltage is lowered by 45mV. In Cinebench R20 I have 2845 points with Armory Crate in Turbo Mode.

Jaroslaw_0 wrote:
On my previous laptops: Zephyrus GX531i MSI GS65, I was able to lower the voltage by 120mV - 150mV. Both featured the 8750H CPU. On GX701 with 8750H the voltage is lowered by 45mV. In Cinebench R20 I have 2845 points with Armory Crate in Turbo Mode.

are you sure your undervolt is working properly?

blacbeast wrote:
are you sure your undervolt is working properly?

Wait how does your unit have 8750, mine has 9750h

https://imgur.com/a/AIp6p9s

Hi,

- 45mV is a pretty bad result so why should I not be sure 🙂 Increased TDP - CPU needs higher voltage. I don't think you will lower the tension on your GX701 much yet. As I wrote above - when I had MSI GS65 I lowered the voltage by 150mV. Most importantly, the temperatures are low. The maximum I achieved was 89 ° C on the CPU and 78 ° C on the GPU during a few hours of maximum load. At an room temperature of 22 ° C. For example games: RDR2, Battlefield V. This is a good result for this laptop. Of course, after replacing the thermal paste.

Regards

Jaroslaw_0 wrote:
Hi,

- 45mV is a pretty bad result so why should I not be sure 🙂 Increased TDP - CPU needs higher voltage. I don't think you will lower the tension on your GX701 much yet. As I wrote above - when I had MSI GS65 I lowered the voltage by 150mV. Most importantly, the temperatures are low. The maximum I achieved was 89 ° C on the CPU and 78 ° C on the GPU during a few hours of maximum load. At an room temperature of 22 ° C. For example games: RDR2, Battlefield V. This is a good result for this laptop. Of course, after replacing the thermal paste.

Regards

Thank you, it makes sense now. Also would undervolting the GPU reduce the thermals on this laptop? Like you mentioned above, I am not able to undervolt it past 45-46 on CPU cache using throttlestop. The laptop gives me the BSOD, and despite my best efforts I haven't been able to keep the thermals under control, will instantly become a toaster 5 minutes into the game.

Hi i have 309 bios with gx701gx, the new bios lock some feature.

But throttlestop help with temps

I done undervolting -70
70 power limit
90 max power limit

And i make a custom fan dissipation system on top of keyboard.

Now temps under CPU BURN AND BENCHMARK CPU at the same time ARE:

75 cpu
50 gpu

Bye!

hi, i just got this laptop, gx701lws
with the latest bios, is that possible to undervolt at all? it is 10875H i believe.. the 8 cores cpu. sorry for my lack of knowledge just need some insight how to undervolt a little as to keep lower temp too...

i tried throttlestop and it seems unable or locked
can i unlock it ?

cheers