Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    32

    The latest bios block the voltage regulation of the CPUs on ALL ROG family notebooks models.
    @blacbeast
    Voltage variation options are unlocked for NVIDIA RTX cards. But in RTX 2060 you won't be able to lower the voltage because this card already works with very low voltage. The lowering of the voltage on the RTX 2080 is also impossible as it is the Max-Q version. The best candidate for Undervolting is the RTX2070 with a TDP 115W

  2. #12
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaroslaw_0 View Post
    The latest bios block the voltage regulation of the CPUs on ALL ROG family notebooks models.
    @blacbeast
    Voltage variation options are unlocked for NVIDIA RTX cards. But in RTX 2060 you won't be able to lower the voltage because this card already works with very low voltage. The lowering of the voltage on the RTX 2080 is also impossible as it is the Max-Q version. The best candidate for Undervolting is the RTX2070 with a TDP 115W
    thanks for your kind reply, my set up is the 2080s max q and so no way i would be performing undervolting? too bad they lock the cpu as well, as today when i was playing death stranding, it gets thermal throttling on regular basis as well as power limit throttling which im not sure what it is? any advice for any solution?

  3. #13
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    32

    The solution is very simple. Replace thermal paste for CPU and GPU. Disassembly instruction:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WxPpU-_rKc&t
    But don't do like this guy. Just put new paste on the CPU and GPU. Gelid GC extreme or Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. Leave the brand paste and thermopads as it was!

  4. #14
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    25

    well my gx501vik automaticly update to bios 313 and now i basically have a brick i can no longer undervolt and because of this when playing on my 34" screen the temp rise in the 94degrees and i get studder and yes i did a repaste allready before with a -.125 undervolt i would never touch 90 degrees so i am verry piss off , first it was the battery swelling and now that , this is my last intel and asus laptop (i know asus does not give a **** about my complaint but i had to write it somewhere )
    i try to downgrade to the bios 311 witch it work but everytime i restart it automaticly reinstall the 313 bios and if i go turn off the automatic update in registry well my bleutooth device are missing driver and cannot update tem ..........
    sorry for my desapointment have a nice day everyone

  5. #15
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    32

    I had the same problem. When you disable third-party driver installation, the BIOS will not be automatically updated.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 1014815.jpg  


  6. #16
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaroslaw_0 View Post
    I had the same problem. When you disable third-party driver installation, the BIOS will not be automatically updated.
    how can i find this setting thank for your help
    Last edited by thejebronie; 09-20-2020 at 02:58 AM.

  7. #17
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    32

    Below link:

    https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10...indows-10.html

    Or second solution: Flash older version BIOS 311 and reinstall (format) Windows. Then the BIOS update to the newer version will not be found and automatically installed. Both methods work on my GX701
    Last edited by Jaroslaw_0; 09-20-2020 at 07:39 AM.

  8. #18
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaroslaw_0 View Post
    Below link:

    https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10...indows-10.html

    Or second solution: Flash older version BIOS 311 and reinstall (format) Windows. Then the BIOS update to the newer version will not be found and automatically installed. Both methods work on my GX701
    the first option did not work as it keep reupdating, but the second option did work install the 311 bios and fresh window install
    Thank for your help .

  9. #19
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    32

    Maybe you can find help in the thread below:

    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thre...update.833146/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •