cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Impact USB issue

laxcity
Level 7
18th august I've updated:
- Windows (some cumulative updates for build 2004)
- BIOS (2103 -> 2206)
- AMD's chipset drivers (2.03.12.0657 -> 2.04.28.626)

Now 4 of 7 USB ports on back panel not working, they're pushing power to the device, but it is not recognized by OS.
Front panel USBs are working though.

On the image below I've crossed out the ports that are not working.

USB-C is unknown since i don't have c-to-c cables %)

All USB's are enabled in bios, legacy support is disabled and power delivery in soft sleep is enabled.
USB disable for powersaving in powerplan is forbidden.
7 REPLIES 7

laxcity
Level 7
Rolled back to 2103 and everything works fine now.

laxcity wrote:
Rolled back to 2103 and everything works fine now.

Yeah I had this same problem. The ports still delivered power but wouldn't transfer data. I found it only affected USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports.

Scottx125 wrote:
Yeah I had this same problem. The ports still delivered power but wouldn't transfer data. I found it only affected USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports.

Hello, i have the same problem with my CH8H X570 no WIFI bios 2606, there only working USB 3.2 Gen2 (red from I/O panel) all others on I/O Blue and external on the case not working. I have tried the same reinstall chipset drivers with the last from ASUS or AMD site, change video drivers, audio drivers, but nothing changes. Is there the same solution, rollback to 2103 ?

Thanks in Advance!

LONE wrote:
Hello, i have the same problem with my CH8H X570 no WIFI bios 2606, there only working USB 3.2 Gen2 (red from I/O panel) all others on I/O Blue and external on the case not working. I have tried the same reinstall chipset drivers with the last from ASUS or AMD site, change video drivers, audio drivers, but nothing changes. Is there the same solution, rollback to 2103 ?
Thanks in Advance!

Yup you can. Use the Flashback method. I went from 2206 to 1302. Just make sure that you format the USB to the correct format, not just FAT32 file type but there's also a storage format type, can't remember which one but I kept having failures until I realised it was the wrong format. You can find the Flashback guide here: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038568/

Edit:
Here we are, can't remember which format it is, MBR or GPT. I think it's GPT. Here's a video on how to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsV3yhMSOY. Ofc only do this if the regular format to Fat/Fat32 doesn't work.

Scottx125 wrote:
Yup you can. Use the Flashback method. I went from 2206 to 1302. Just make sure that you format the USB to the correct format, not just FAT32 file type but there's also a storage format type, can't remember which one but I kept having failures until I realised it was the wrong format. You can find the Flashback guide here: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038568/

Edit:
Here we are, can't remember which format it is, MBR or GPT. I think it's GPT. Here's a video on how to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsV3yhMSOY. Ofc only do this if the regular format to Fat/Fat32 doesn't work.

Is fixed, just had to reset the BIOS, and USB ports come back., maybe was there something mess with mu OC settings.
Anyway, thanks for your assistance!

Legolas
Level 9
laxcity wrote:
18th august I've updated:
- Windows (some cumulative updates for build 2004)
- BIOS (2103 -> 2206)
- AMD's chipset drivers (2.03.12.0657 -> 2.04.28.626)

Now 4 of 7 USB ports on back panel not working, they're pushing power to the device, but it is not recognized by OS.
Front panel USBs are working though.

On the image below I've crossed out the ports that are not working.

USB-C is unknown since i don't have c-to-c cables %)

All USB's are enabled in bios, legacy support is disabled and power delivery in soft sleep is enabled.
USB disable for powersaving in powerplan is forbidden.

DId you try doing bios flashback to 2206 and see if it works?
Sincerely,
Legolas

Legolas wrote:
DId you try doing bios flashback to 2206 and see if it works?

I did first update over the internet from the bios itself 2103->2206, then rolled back to 2103 via USB flashback.

Since i dont want to reconfigure whole the bios settings again i'd rater wait next bios revision.