cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3090 RTX - no Hybrid?! ugh...

Srixun
Level 7
Hey guys, I've got almost an entirely Asus ROG build here, except GPU because ASUS is missing a mark here big time.

Asus eveyrthing for the most part, including keyboard, mousepad, everything.

however, EVGA is the one making the Hybrid 3090, (Air/Watercooled) will ASUS come out with something similar for the 3090? If the answer is no ill have to stick yet another EVGA card in my Asus build.

Really would like to see this please.
9 REPLIES 9

Blabkbri3r
Level 7
Tried to buy the ROG Matrix Platinum 2080ti since it was announced and never got my hands on it.... i tried to order it various times via known online Hardware Stores and it was always delayed until the told me that the Card would be not available furthermore. Really hope for a ROG 3090 with looks like the old 780ti matrix platinum...loved those cards

mhe
Level 7
It is a damn shame that there hasn't been a Poseidon card since the 1080Ti refresh.

Also, given the width of the Strix 3090 PCB, if you add the typical 3cm for watercooling terminals, you'll end up with it being too wide to fit in a whole bunch of cases.

n3w7on
Level 7
I agree with what " mhe " says I used the Asus GTX 1080 TI Poseidon myself ! I have everything from Asus ROG from the monitor to the ASUS FX Gaming HDD . In total 9 peripherals via Amoury Crate . Now I was looking forward to the RTX 3090 and have to realize that there is no Poseidon or any other hybrid solution ! It makes sense to use a RGB water cooling system because of the heat development of the graphics card. The Asus Strix RTX 3090 is a graphics card for people who do not like RGB. But I love RGB and water cooling ! Would be nice if ASUS ROG works on a solution or I will just buy another RTX 3090 from a competitor with a water cooling solution. Please Asus ROG think about it I am not the only one !

No offense, but I would love to have a water cooling solution like the Asus ROG RTX 3090 Poseidon :-))))) I would buy the graphics card immediately 🙂

Alphacool and EK will both have full-cover waterblocks for RTX 3080, RTX3090 Nvidia reference pcb cards on or shortly after release 9/24/20.

EVGA will have Hydro Copper Series RTX 3080, RTX 3090 cards, and KingPin Hybrid for release on 9/24/20.

Those are the only options for water cooling currently for RTX 30 Series cards. I expect more to come from other manufactures,..

n3w7on
Level 7
I think it's great that some hardware enthusiasts meet here. Unfortunately I think that only 3 users will not reach the product development and marketing department of Asus ROG ***smile***

Yes I would buy a Matrix or a Poseidon immediately.
Let's wait and see maybe someone here reads this from the management 🙂 and says himself ..yes the RTX 30 XX series will be a huge sales success. and we don't want to lose market share to the competition just because we can't offer a water cooling solution.
I wait until next year 2021 for the CES show, if Asus ROG doesn't change anything until then I will exchange my GTX 1080 TI Poseidon and switch to the competition 😞 unfortunately

n3w7on
Level 7
I agree with what " mhe " says I used the Asus GTX 1080 TI Poseidon myself ! I have everything from Asus ROG from the monitor to the ASUS FX Gaming HDD . In total 9 peripherals via Amoury Crate . Now I was looking forward to the RTX 3090 and have to realize that there is no Poseidon or any other hybrid solution ! It makes sense to use a RGB water cooling system because of the heat development of the graphics card. The Asus Strix RTX 3090 is a graphics card for people who do not like RGB. But I love RGB and water cooling ! Would be nice if ASUS ROG works on a solution or I will just buy another RTX 3090 from a competitor with a water cooling solution. Please Asus ROG think about it I am not the only one !

No offense, but I would love to have a water cooling solution like the Asus ROG RTX 3090 Poseidon :-))))) I would buy the graphics card immediately 🙂

n3w7on
Level 7

n3w7on
Level 7
I think it's great that some hardware enthusiasts meet here. Unfortunately I think that only 3 users will not reach the product development and marketing department of Asus ROG ***smile***

Yes I would buy a Matrix or a Poseidon immediately.
Let's wait and see maybe someone here reads this from the management 🙂 and says himself ..yes the RTX 30 XX series will be a huge sales success. and we don't want to lose market share to the competition just because we can't offer a water cooling solution.
I wait until next year 2021 for the CES show, if Asus ROG doesn't change anything until then I will exchange my GTX 1080 TI Poseidon and switch to the competition 😞 unfortunately

XYchromosone
Level 10
Srixun wrote:
Hey guys, I've got almost an entirely Asus ROG build here, except GPU because ASUS is missing a mark here big time.

Asus eveyrthing for the most part, including keyboard, mousepad, everything.

however, EVGA is the one making the Hybrid 3090, (Air/Watercooled) will ASUS come out with something similar for the 3090? If the answer is no ill have to stick yet another EVGA card in my Asus build.

Really would like to see this please.

I second your plea. With the RTX 2070 I too had to go with the EVGA hybrid AIO water cooler for my daughter's system, she's the game player in the house.