cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 x HD 7970, BenQ XL2410T and 120Hz problems

gomson
Level 7
Hiya guys..,
I have a bit of a problem that I really need some help with..
My setup is:

Rampage IV Extreme with 3960X cpu
2 x 7970 DCII crossfire
32GB Ram
2 x BenQ XL2410T (capable of 120Hz)

For some reason I can't get monitors to display 1920 x 1080 at 120hz ( it can only do 60hz)
If I change the refresh rate in CCC to 120hz, only 800x600 or lower is available.
I'm using the dual link DVI-D cables that came with the monitors so I guess they're ok.

I'm having the same problem as this guy here except installing driver updates didn't help at all
http://www.overclock.net/t/1021100/can-not-run-120hz-1920x1080-on-benq-xl2410t

Please any help would be appreciated
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
*moving thread because not motherboard related*

I would start with one video card and one monitor. See if you can get that working first and then introduce the other parts. If you go to the advanced display modes list (not AMD, Windows) are there any 120 modes listed?

Also make sure that you set the switch to dual link DVI on the top of the card (affects the bottom DVI port).

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
*moving thread because not motherboard related*

I would start with one video card and one monitor. See if you can get that working first and then introduce the other parts. If you go to the advanced display modes list (not AMD, Windows) are there any 120 modes listed?

Also make sure that you set the switch to dual link DVI on the top of the card (affects the bottom DVI port).

Thanks a lot.. the dual link switch did the trick..
Thanks a lot..

xeromist
I love an easy fix. 🙂

So just remember if you ever need to use the bottom display port that you will have to switch it the other way.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I love an easy fix. 🙂

So just remember if you ever need to use the bottom display port that you will have to switch it the other way.

hhmm.., How do you mean...?

Also something just occurred to me..
Right now my setup is 120hz and 60hz...
Is there anyway of having both at 120hz...?
I'd really love to have both monitors running at1 120hz each...

xeromist
I believe that the 4th display port down (bottom one) is switched with the dual link switch (you can have one or the other, but not both).

They should both be able to run at 120hz. The top plug is dual link full time I believe. You might need to play with the AMD settings. I'm an Nvidia guy so I'm not sure what to check.

Okay....I'll give that a try and update you...
thanks..

HiVizMan
Level 40
Just goes to show you learn something new all the time. Cheers for the information xermist
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.