cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RYUO 240 LiveDash update through Armoury Crate

JeffLW111
Level 8
I just picked up the Ryuo 240 recently and wanted to update the LiveDash display to show system temp etc. I've downloaded and installed the Armoury Crate application and tried to access the 240 through the devices option however every time I try to select it either through the Devices or Aura Sync menu options the Armoury Crate exits back to the Windows desktop. Any idea what's going on?
2 REPLIES 2

Djmc1976
Level 7
JeffLW111 wrote:
I just picked up the Ryuo 240 recently and wanted to update the LiveDash display to show system temp etc. I've downloaded and installed the Armoury Crate application and tried to access the 240 through the devices option however every time I try to select it either through the Devices or Aura Sync menu options the Armoury Crate exits back to the Windows desktop. Any idea what's going on?

Armory Crate is crap like I'm finding most of Asus software, It's really difficult to even register your products, I have 4 devices show up in Armory Crate but on the site it shows only 3, my ryujin 240 doesn't exist on the server, it took me ages to even get my motherboard registered on the site as it kept telling me that the number was wrong but Armory Crate accepted it and now it shows on the site, I assumed the point of Armory Crate was to detect devices and update the software, I cant seem to get livedash at all and that's even now that it doesn't crash every time I open it. Asus might build some good stuff but they're software leaves a lot to be desired, especially when it comes to what software to use for what since they have a plethora of software for a handful of overlapping functions and very few that I have seen are compatible with any other software, I wish they would scrap the lot and produce a single Asus control panel style app that can detect, register and manage 1 or multiple Asus devices, A single interface that adds it's own plugins and supporting software as required by the installed devices. The user experience would improve immensely, the amount of bloatware they push is no better. OK, rant over!

DavyDee
Level 7
JeffLW111 wrote:

Armory Crate is a big pain in the butt - I successfully reverted back to LiveDash but I believe it's no longer maintained (and running well still on latest Win 10 x64).
There are times when the display is "stuck" on one of the parameters to show, and stops cycling thru parameters if you had defined multiple. The workaround is to start LiveDash (sometimes a bit delayed) change params, and apply again. Happens once in a while, so ok for me - much better than a huge piece of crap software with tons of services downloaded and installed, and bad user experience overall.

PS: on CES 2021 virtual Asus booth there was a ROG Ryujin II displayed in a new case - I'm curious to see what that will be - and moreover hope that excellence in build quality and function of the hardware is applied also to the accompanying software - best case: backwards compatible to the original Ryujin.