cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT-AX89X Lan Connectivity

Magniphacent
Level 7
Hi, all...

I have built a system using the Crosshair VIII Formula motherboard and would like to use the integrated 5GbE Aquantia network connection.

After some research, I really like what I see about the Asus RT-AX89X router (I have an older Nighthawk now) and was wondering if anyone can confirm that the 10Gbase-T connections will support a 5GbE speed? I cannot find anywhere that it is downward compatible.

If it doesn't, does anyone have a suggestion for a good router with Wi-Fi 6 / 5GbE / USB 3.0+ ?

Thanks!!!
2 REPLIES 2

cdcbr3
Level 7
It only supprts 10Gb and will not scale to other speed
Also of you have not bought alread, i wiuld advise not to. I have had so many issues with dropped connectios after upgrading (loosly) from a Nighthawk X6*

cdcbr3, thanks for the response. I finally went with the Netgear Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream AX6000 Wi-Fi 6 Router. It has a dedicated 2.5/5/10 port. Also set my router-modem link in aggregate configuration. New I have a maxed out Xfinity bandwidth. Need to upgrade my subscription to get more, but don't want all the stupid TV channels that I won't watch. LoL. Thanks, again!