cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX502GV Loose power supply connection?

Thw0rted
Level 7
EDIT: I happened to check the Amazon page for the cables I ordered, and a small number of people complained of the same problem I had. I checked, and sure enough all of the cables I ordered together had the same problem, but I was able to find two other cables that fit and both had solid connections that don't get interrupted when I move them. It was a bad batch of cables, nothing wrong with the power supply. I would delete the post if they let me, but I can't so I'll leave the original content below.

----

I've had a GX502GV for a few months now, and I keep having a minor problem with the included power supply. I tend to move the power supply "brick" around the house and leave the wall-socket cord behind -- I have a bunch, standard "IEC" ("C13") type. I find that the connection is a little wobbly, and if I move the brick while it's plugged in, it will likely lose connection briefly, usually accompanied by a very faint electrical noise where the cord plugs into the socket on the brick.

The connection feels a bit loose, as though the socket isn't quite as deep as it should be. Because I have a lot of cords, I didn't mark which was the original that came with the system, but they all look identical to me, and I don't think any of them seem to fit better than the others.

Does anybody else have this problem? Am I wrong in assuming that the cord is supposed to be a standard C13 type? If so, what type should I order? If not, is the connection just sort of on the loose side, and is there anything I can do about it? The (fixed) laptop cord is just short enough that I can't leave the brick on the floor when I use the system in bed, and that means any movement of the mattress causes a brief disconnect, which (due to the power profile management, I guess?) causes the screen to go black for a second.
1 REPLY 1

reegamer
Level 9
Mi original cable is a bit loose also. No problems for the time being.
Hope it helps