cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Studio 3 - Advanced Mode Application Issues

SimplyFrankie
Level 8
Hello there,

Can someone help me out with an issue I've been having?

I just recently bought an ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming Z490 (WiFi 6) LGA 1200 (Intel® 10th Gen) ATX Gaming Motherboard, and it installed Sonic Studio 3 for me.

Now, when I try to use advanced mode in Sonic Studio 3, it doesn't show certain applications, such as Chrome. Is there any way to have it detect Chrome to add it to the Application section? I'm not sure why it won't show up but I'm sure you can sort of see why this would be an issue considering Chrome/Web Browser is what is mainly used by people.

Also another issue I've been having.

With certain games and apps, when I change the setting from say, Music, to Custom, it doesn't have any effect. It sets the audio to sound like whatever the mode is set to in the basic mode.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you.

Edit: Just noticed one app, "League of Legends (TM) Client" in apps, also doesn't take to the setting that I set it to. Not sure how to fix this.
3 REPLIES 3

SimplyFrankie
Level 8
Anyone?

I still can't get chrome to show up in the applications list.

Now Discord has disappeared from the list even though it used to be there. Somehow it kept the settings but now doesn't show up in the Advanced Mode list.

Seriously, can anyone help???

The problem with Chromium browsers not showing up, has been there since Microsoft switched from the old Edge to the new Chromium based one, and nothing can be done to add Chrome or the new Edge to the apps list, sorry.

And about other apps not showing up, my guess is that the fault lies more with Microsoft updating and making changes to the .NET API's every month and the software devs(both SS3 and the programs in question not showing up in the UI) just can't keep up.