cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M.2 and Mechanical Drives No Longer Showing In BIOS Or Windows Setup

helloimmatt26
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I recently did a bios update on my B450-F build, I have 2 M.2 drives installed and a mechancial drive no longer showing. I really miss my PC and I have been trying to figure it out for a month and would really love and appreciate some help. My specs are in my profile. Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Matt 🙂

If your Bios does not detect your Storage devices then go here: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fixed-bios-not-detecting-ssd-in-computer/
It may just be the recent Bios update set back to default and needs changes. What happens if you revert back to previous Bios.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Thanks for the reply! Really do appreciate your help! I was able to troubleshoot my hardware and everything is in working order, i was unable to complete step 2 since I do not see an option in the SATA configuration to change to IDE, I went back to bios 3003 but still no luck

MeanMachine
Level 13
Go to your Boot Menu options in Bios and check you have enabled CSM (Compatibility Support Module) page 3-19 in your manual.
Also check in boot devices control and that devices are configured correctly. Oh and leave fast boot disabled for now.

If your still having issues then disconnect all other storage devices and just have the storage drive that has your windows installation to boot from.
report back.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]