Threaded View

New ROGer Array

Wink Please back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.

Bonjour,

Can you elucidate this mystery ?This message is showing up on 2 identical builds with brand new parts. It happens at the beginning of a boot, after the computer has been off for an hour or more. The configuration is a hackintosh with OpenCore EFIs with everything running 100% smoothly.

Here is the message :

WARNING: Please back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent and cause unpredictable fail. Press F1 to Run SETUP.

Additional info for diagnosis :

- Asus Rog Strix z390-e gaming

- 2 Crucial P2 drives on M.2 ports

- SMART and other drive tests reveal no problems at all

- The drive temperature's readings just for 1 drive are off in Mac OS & Windows (on both builds). This may not be related though so let's not necessarily get sidetracked by this lead. But maybe. Crucial software "Crucial Storage Executive" gives normal temperature readings though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	86188

Name:	temp 2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	86189

Finally, here is the error screen when I get it :

Name:	posessed.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	86190

I'm looking for serious opinions on what could be causing this, and of course how to fix it.

Personally I don't believe the drive is in any trouble and this has more to do with a reading issue from the motherboard, but I'm not an expert.

Thank you so much 🙏🏼