cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nahimic Fix for Asus ROG Strix Hero 3

therealdarkonex
Level 7
I know of the issues with the Nahimic drivers causing extreme slowness when opening basically everything, it happened after I updated to build 2004 of Win10 on my ROG Strix Hero 3 G731GV so I had to disable the service. The downside now is my sound quality is terrible when it used to be great, so I'd like to be able to run this service. I see there is a long thread in here on running some driver remover and installing UAD drivers to fix but I don't understand which ones to follow because there's a bunch of different ones listed and some acronyms I don't understand, so could somebody just tell me for my laptop in particular is there a way to have these drivers running so my sound is good while not having the slowness?
3 REPLIES 3

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 notebook, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 NB) from the first post of this thread.

In addition, in order to fix your slowness issue :

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 notebook, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 NB/DT) from the first post of this thread.

In addition, in order to fix your slowness issue :

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow the UPDATE process.

Unfortunately this didn't work. I can launch both the Realtek and Sonic III apps but the problem of extreme slowness persists unless I disable the NahimicService 😞 Thanks though for the effort!

Blake1
Level 10
Hello therealdarkonex,
Please kindly rollback to 1909 for more stable performance.
And please kindly report this issue to Microsoft as well.
Thank you so much.