cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG AX11000 adding a second router questions

rbarr110
Level 7
I just picked up the AX11000 and it has dramatically improved signal quality in much of the home. However, there are still some spots that are not up to snuff. IN particular in my downstairs living room. I do have a wired connection available in the room that is connected to my Netgear switch that is connected to the AX11000.

If I connect another AX asus router to the wired connection, will it "sync" with the AX11000 and use the same wireless network? Or will I end up with additional 2g and 5g channels in addition to the AX11000 two 5g and single 2g signals? I would prefer to not lose one of the 5G channels to AiMesh if I don't have to.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

ahfoo
Level 13
rbarr110 wrote:
I just picked up the AX11000 and it has dramatically improved signal quality in much of the home. However, there are still some spots that are not up to snuff. IN particular in my downstairs living room. I do have a wired connection available in the room that is connected to my Netgear switch that is connected to the AX11000.

If I connect another AX asus router to the wired connection, will it "sync" with the AX11000 and use the same wireless network? Or will I end up with additional 2g and 5g channels in addition to the AX11000 two 5g and single 2g signals? I would prefer to not lose one of the 5G channels to AiMesh if I don't have to.

Thanks

With this set up you can add another AX router be form a AImesh node. Your AX-11000 will act as main router. Once another AX series router join in as AImesh node. your main router will do the rest of the configure for you.