cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Formula No display. No codes.

BoottroopSix
Level 7
Hi, Right pc is booting up okay everything seems to be running but have no display. tried GPU in other pc all fine, monitor fine. I noticed that the Q-code display on the motherboard is showing 00 and it does not change also the little lcd screen is only showing the image of the CPU and the cycles the temps but now only showing that CPU image. Could this be a motherboard problem or the Processor. the only things I haven't tried. Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

Falkentyne
Level 12
BoottroopSix wrote:
Hi, Right pc is booting up okay everything seems to be running but have no display. tried GPU in other pc all fine, monitor fine. I noticed that the Q-code display on the motherboard is showing 00 and it does not change also the little lcd screen is only showing the image of the CPU and the cycles the temps but now only showing that CPU image. Could this be a motherboard problem or the Processor. the only things I haven't tried. Any help would be appreciated.

00=no CPU detected, CPU failure, CPU initialization failure.
Most common cause is a bad CPU (RMA it). In some cases, a damaged socket can cause this.
Occasionally, a motherboard failure itself can cause this (RMA it).
Sometimes, certain BIOS settings or an onboard jumper on the wrong pins can cause this, but a jumper problem should never exist on a new board.
For a Bios settings fail issue (often caused by LN2 settings), unplugging power supply AC cable, followed by a 30 second cmos clear will fix that. But that's only from issues with Bios settings (and then coming from when the system previously worked fine).

Falkentyne wrote:
00=no CPU detected, CPU failure, CPU initialization failure.
Most common cause is a bad CPU (RMA it). In some cases, a damaged socket can cause this.
Occasionally, a motherboard failure itself can cause this (RMA it).
Sometimes, certain BIOS settings or an onboard jumper on the wrong pins can cause this, but a jumper problem should never exist on a new board.
For a Bios settings fail issue (often caused by LN2 settings), unplugging power supply AC cable, followed by a 30 second cmos clear will fix that. But that's only from issues with Bios settings (and then coming from when the system previously worked fine).

Thanks for the reply, its been working fine for years nothing been touched so really 50/50 CPU or motherboard. Any way to narrow it down.
Thanks again.