cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 703 Automatic update and now windows not activated

spanners123
Level 7
My ROG 703 performed an automatic update and windows in no longer activated.
I contacted microsoft for the code and was told that it digital licence.
Contacted ASUS support and was told to reload the partition.
Did so and lost all data, and still no change.
I have used 'showkeyplus' to retrieve the keys and the output from it is as loaded but tells me that its not a valid digital license key.
5 REPLIES 5

spanners123
Level 7
Bump

Would like to get this sorted.

xeromist
When Windows 10 is installed on a device it creates a digital fingerprint which allows it to reactivate even in the case of a complete HDD failure and reinstallation. Have you made any hardware changes or installed a version other that Home 64-bit?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
When Windows 10 is installed on a device it creates a digital fingerprint which allows it to reactivate even in the case of a complete HDD failure and reinstallation. Have you made any hardware changes or installed a version other that Home 64-bit?

Hi
No changes at all have been made.
This happened after an automatic update.
Microsoft says it’s a computer problem - Contact Asus.Â*
Asus say reinstall and it will fix it. I did and it came right for maybe a few hrs then popped up with the activate message.Â*

I think leaving auto-update on is not a good idea. The simplest way is to disable the windows update service and remove the repair tasks in the task scheduler. You could just also learn how to use the operating system so that you can stop screwing up your system.

riverbill wrote:
I think leaving auto-update on is not a good idea. The simplest way is to disable the windows update service and remove the repair tasks in the task scheduler. You could just also learn how to use the operating system so that you can stop screwing up your system.

Thanks, but that doesn't help me in anyway at this stage.

**ASUS - can I have some feedback on this please.
I would like to go back to having an activated Windows given that its what I paid for when I brought the machine.