cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryujin 360 CPU Fan 0 rpm after reboot/sleep

TheZane
Level 7
I've currently got the Ryujin hooked up to the aio pump header. I have 1 radiator fan plugged directly into the CPU_FAN header and the other two on a splitter plugged into the CPU_OPT header.

When I boot the computer all the fans run perfectly fine up until the point it gets to the windows 10 login screen. At this point the radiator fans shut off. I then log into windows and pull up AI suite 3, fan expert 4 it shows the CPU Fan as 0 rpm and CPU_OPT as 0 rpm in red. I then click on one of the profiles, doesn't matter which, and the radiator fans start up.

The same happens when waking my computer from sleep. This is annoying because if I put my computer to sleep at night it can randomly wake up for a windows update check or my cat hitting the keyboard and now my computer is running hot because the radiator fans are spinning. I have to leave my computer either on or fully shut down to prevent this.

Should I plug the radiator fans directly into the ryujin splitter and just use the cpu/aio pump header or could something else be causing this?

Second issue, since one of the recent updates the 4 base profiles (Silent/Standard/Turbo/Full Speed) in fan expert 4 all run the Ryujin Fan1 at 100% which is loud. I had to create a new profile with a better curve for this to get it to work. I've tried re-running the Fan Tuning but it runs 100% speed during the test and afterwards shows N/A for everything for Fan1. It wasn't like this when I originally put everything together. Is there anyway to restore the functionality so I can use the base profiles again?
1 REPLY 1

Samdalf
Level 7
TheZane wrote:
I've currently got the Ryujin hooked up to the aio pump header. I have 1 radiator fan plugged directly into the CPU_FAN header and the other two on a splitter plugged into the CPU_OPT header.

When I boot the computer all the fans run perfectly fine up until the point it gets to the windows 10 login screen. At this point the radiator fans shut off. I then log into windows and pull up AI suite 3, fan expert 4 it shows the CPU Fan as 0 rpm and CPU_OPT as 0 rpm in red. I then click on one of the profiles, doesn't matter which, and the radiator fans start up.

The same happens when waking my computer from sleep. This is annoying because if I put my computer to sleep at night it can randomly wake up for a windows update check or my cat hitting the keyboard and now my computer is running hot because the radiator fans are spinning. I have to leave my computer either on or fully shut down to prevent this.

Should I plug the radiator fans directly into the ryujin splitter and just use the cpu/aio pump header or could something else be causing this?

Second issue, since one of the recent updates the 4 base profiles (Silent/Standard/Turbo/Full Speed) in fan expert 4 all run the Ryujin Fan1 at 100% which is loud. I had to create a new profile with a better curve for this to get it to work. I've tried re-running the Fan Tuning but it runs 100% speed during the test and afterwards shows N/A for everything for Fan1. It wasn't like this when I originally put everything together. Is there anyway to restore the functionality so I can use the base profiles again?

From what I understand. You’ll want to have the Ryujin connected to the AIO pump header like you currently do but have all 3 radiator fans plugged into the Ryujin fan splitter. Far from the expert here but that’s my setup and I’m controlling all 3 fans successfully with the Armoury Crate software.Â*