Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by LiljaFX View Post
    Sorry for the late update, I wanted to monitor the behaviour before saying "Yay it's fixed" after only a couple of days.

So, it SEEMS to be fixed for now and I feel like I played myself. After the initial freezes I operated the RAM on XMP settings (so 3200MHz and 1.35V as stated on ....
    Has your system remained stable? I am currently chasing the same gremlins on my z490-e system.

ROG Member Array LiljaFX PC Specs
    LiljaFX PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z490-G WiFi
    Processori5 10600K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Phoenix 1050Ti
    Power SupplyCorsair CX650M
    Keyboard Logitech G510
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ajm216 View Post
    Has your system remained stable? I am currently chasing the same gremlins on my z490-e system.
    Yes it did! I didn't change anything further, so I guess my initial problem were the drivers (downloaded them and I guess one didn't install correctly) and then I messed up with the RAM. My suggestion would be to reinstall Windows and make sure your drivers are correctly installed, I used the CD the second time around and updated the drivers with Snappy Driver Installer afterwards. And if you play around with RAM frequency and voltage make sure to set it back to default values if the changes don't fix your problems!

New ROGer Array

I am having the same problem and it is maddening

To fix this issue, the first time CUK exchanged the computer and things were fine for a while. now after a few windows updates I am getting computer freezes frequently. I do see some dcom errors in the event log but nothing that would or should kill the system. 3 times this morning already. I run citrix remote to get into work and it is annoying to be in the middle of something and thing and have every thing freeze like writing this for instance.

I get one every so often about an error with the smart card reader which I am pretty surer there isn't one unless it is the little red dongle that come with this model.

here is the windows reported info.
    Device name Raphael
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz
    Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.8 GB usable)
    Device ID 28B97BB6-1C6B-434C-946B-0CF4D5D5105F
    Product ID 00330-53086-77375-AAOEM
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
    Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 21H1
    Installed on ‎4/‎9/‎2021
    OS build 19043.985
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

I do not have huge amounts of time to waste mucking with this laptop. I expect when I pay top dollar that it works and is reliable. It one of the reasons I choose asus and while so far I like the machine this iss is rather maddening and it does not seem like it is easy to trace

New ROGer Array

Mcaffe may be responsible

I disabled / uninstalled macAffee it was hanging doing its realtime scans. I have Avast as well. I reinstalled the window security updates and it seems to works so far

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3