cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Gl702vmk Keyboard stops working randomly on startup

afiguesal
Level 7
HI Community,

I've had many problemas with my Asus gl702vmk overthe apst few weeks. This all started after I started experimenting with undervolting both for the gpu and cpu. I used trottlestop and msi afterburner resulting. Whenever I undervolted de CPU too much the keyboard stopped working, at first the solution was the basic method of uninstalling the driver and changing the registry file. This worked a couple of times, then my next solution was to reset the CMOS by disconnecting its battery from the motherboard with the copmuter's battery also disconected. After all this trouble I decided to stop messing with voltages and reseted everything to default, even the BIOS 303. I have to mention that I didn't notice changes in temperature or fps increase, which made it all in vain.
The problem I have now is that the keyboard stops working on startup almost everytime, I have to go over the mentioned process metioned above to get it working again. I've tried updating BIOS, downgrading BIOS... The backlight never worked again and I am tired of having to disconnect the CMOS almost everyday and going through this process again and again.

Can anyone help me undertand what I did wrong or may be happening? Currently the keyboard is not working and I am using a usb device. Is is possible that on the next startup it could randomly start working again.

I HAVE OPENNED THE COMPUTER, REPASTE, DISCONNECTED ALL PORTS AND CONNECTED AGAIN, FORMATED THE DRIVE NUMEROUS TIMES...

ASUS ROG GL 702VMK CURRENT BIOS 305
I7 7700HQ
16 GB RAM
1060 6GB

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

handokovska
Level 7
can it use external/usb keyboard?