ROG Member Array

TUF A17 FA706IU Freezing Issues - Fixed

All,

Thought I'd post this as both a fix and warning about a driver issue that likely affects other AMD TUF machines.

I was getting random but fairly regular freezes that were not associated with any program/activity on my system. No associated Event Viewer logs. No noticeable upticks in CPU/Disk/Etc. usage. Freezes would last about 5 seconds, give or take. Games would freeze, scrolling websites froze. Typing in webforms, Word, emails, etc., would all freeze. Then back to normal. Rinse, repeat every few minutes.

Freezing was caused by the latest AMD drivers from the ASUS drivers site. I used the AMD driver delete utility and loaded the previous Graphics/Chipset combined drivers and freezing is gone.

Problem Driver:
    AMD Graphics and HDMI Driver
    Version V27.20.1020.2002
    2020/08/27

Working Driver:
    AMD Graphics, Chipset Driver
    Version V26.20.14048.2
    2020/05/27

Hope this helps…

New ROGer Array

I have drivers from AMD site:

and i have no problems

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by seba842005 View Post
    I have drivers from AMD site:

and i have no problems

Thanks for the reply, seba. I tried running both the NVIDIA and AMD native drivers and ran into issues. I will like try again. I've had to reinstall
    Windows several times due to a number of odd issues. I build gaming system and high-end desktop systems (been in the trade for over 30 years) and this has been on of the most troublesome laptops I've owned. Don't get me wrong; it's a a great machine and has, for the most part, run very well--have a pare of Samsung 970 PROs running in RAID-0 , 64GB RAM and planing a couple of other upgrades. Very happy, but it's been a lot of work.