Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Angstromm View Post
    Discovered something that may be helpful. I was running just the AMD video driver for the Ryzen CPU. But after in installed the AMD Radeon Adrenalin software/driver package for this CPU, boot times once again jumped to well over 2 minutes. I tried rolling back the driver but boot time was still long. Then I uninstalled the AMD software and boot times returned to normal. Looks like, as far as video driver goes, we have to stick with what Asus provides.

    Re. my ridiculous 64GB of RAM--kinda like what the hell, why not?! I do a fair amount of video editing and processing, photo editing, etc., and typically keep a game up in the background while I work and I never run out of RAM, so that's cool.
    Well, I got the restart issue fixed. Our theory was correct. Now I'm trying to fix the "myasus" app stating some functions aren't available. Thus far the online steps I've tried haven't' resolved it.

    I can do hardware scans and limit the battery charging but it wont' display all system information correctly.

  2. #22
    ROG Member Array Da-BOSS PC Specs
    Da-BOSS PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS TUF A15 - FA506IU
    MotherboardAMD K17.6 FCH, AMD K17.6 IMC
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics
    Memory (part number)Samsung DDR4 3200Mhz 16GB (8GBx2)
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon RX Vega 7
    Graphics Card #2nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB (Samsung VRAM)
    Sound CardRealtek Audio with DTX:X Ultra
    MonitorLM156LF-2F03
    Storage #1WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-256G-1002 (256 GB, PCI-E 3.0 x4)
    Storage #2ST1000LM035-1RK172 (1 TB, 5400 RPM, SATA-III)
    CPU CoolerStock Cooler
    CaseNon
    Power Supply-
    Keyboard ASUS TUF Keyboard with RGB Backlit
    Mouse ASUS ROG Sica Optical USB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ASUS Cerberus Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad -
    OS Windows 10 20H2 - Lite [Modded by me]
    Network Router-
    Accessory #1 -
    Accessory #2 -
    Accessory #3 -
    Da-BOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    20
    Posts
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by Angstromm View Post
    Discovered something that may be helpful. I was running just the AMD video driver for the Ryzen CPU. But after in installed the AMD Radeon Adrenalin software/driver package for this CPU, boot times once again jumped to well over 2 minutes. I tried rolling back the driver but boot time was still long. Then I uninstalled the AMD software and boot times returned to normal. Looks like, as far as video driver goes, we have to stick with what Asus provides.

    Re. my ridiculous 64GB of RAM--kinda like what the hell, why not?! I do a fair amount of video editing and processing, photo editing, etc., and typically keep a game up in the background while I work and I never run out of RAM, so that's cool.
    install latest radeon adranlin software/driver and then download this driver for AMD CoProcessor Audio driver [it is the main issue for long boot]
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/...d981adf27d.cab

    vola... long boot issue is gone with the newest GPU drivers

  3. #23
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Da-BOSS View Post
    install latest radeon adranlin software/driver and then download this driver for AMD CoProcessor Audio driver [it is the main issue for long boot]
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/...d981adf27d.cab

    vola... long boot issue is gone with the newest GPU drivers
    Yeah the long boot time issue is now resolved. Now I'm messing with the MyAsus app. The last few days I've been stuck with the message stating that some functions weren't available, and all troubleshooting has failed.

    Yesterday, NVIDIA released a driver update for the RTX 2060 and it's as if that affected it. While I Might be able to understand it, the bewildering part is that the troubleshooting information online doesn't even mention it.

  4. #24
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by dcbryantmjkda View Post
    Yeah the long boot time issue is now resolved. Now I'm messing with the MyAsus app. The last few days I've been stuck with the message stating that some functions weren't available, and all troubleshooting has failed.

    Yesterday, NVIDIA released a driver update for the RTX 2060 and it's as if that affected it. While I Might be able to understand it, the bewildering part is that the troubleshooting information online doesn't even mention it.
    Well oddly enough the MyAsus app seems to be resolved now, I'm wondering if it got a quiet update? Now there's the issue with the Armoury Crate software being glitchy but apparently there's a fix in the works, https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-issues/page22

  5. #25
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    this fixed the intermittent freezing issues for me, including the touchpad.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...g-Issues-Fixed

    i also faced similar issues in intermittent long (takes minutes instead of about 10 seconds) shutdown/boot/reboot time and i suspect it is somehow related to plugging/unplugging the power at certain timing. see if you can replicate this: -

    shutdown while plugging in. immediately unplug as soon as the shutdown completed, i.e. the power indicator turns off. the next power up will fail i.e. BSOD

    as a work around, i'll make sure to unplug first before shutdown. this is really an annoying step to remember all the time.

    as for the intermittent long shutdown/boot/reboot time, i believe it is also related to power being plugged in, as i don't remember facing this issue on battery.

    another thing i found out that armoury crate prevents hibernating when close lid (configured in windows), it will just enter sleep mode instead. i have uninstalled it since and the only thing i miss is aura.

    i had 63 unsafe shutdowns after just over 1 month having it and SSD lifespand dropped 2%. the worst experience of having a new system in my life.
    Last edited by syyyap; 12-04-2020 at 02:08 PM.

  6. #26
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msconfig.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	235.4 KB 
ID:	87154
    i suspect the "Armoury Crate Control Interface" is the cause of the above BSOD issue. now no more BSOD. i only kept 2 services running: -
    "ASUS Optimization" - on screen display for fn keys
    "ASUS Software Manager" - asus software update checker

  7. #27
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by syyyap View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msconfig.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	235.4 KB 
ID:	87154
    i suspect the "Armoury Crate Control Interface" is the cause of the above BSOD issue. now no more BSOD. i only kept 2 services running: -
    "ASUS Optimization" - on screen display for fn keys
    "ASUS Software Manager" - asus software update checker
    keep a weather eye on this thread if you aren't already, https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-issues/page10

  8. #28
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    i will never ever touch armoury crate again. this will be my last asus laptop. even this rog forum doesn't work properly. it didn't allow me to post for the past few days.

  9. #29
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by syyyap View Post
    i suspect the "Armoury Crate Control Interface" is the cause of the above BSOD issue. now no more BSOD. i only kept 2 services running: -
    "ASUS Optimization" - on screen display for fn keys
    "ASUS Software Manager" - asus software update checker
    had 1 BSOD since then. i give up and just accept asus as it is, just need to remember to save my works every time before hibernating it.

    other things i hate about this tuf a17: -
    1. horrible uneven backlight bleeding
    2. fingerprint magnet
    3. right usb port still freezes sometime after wake up, have to plug & unplug the wireless mouse receiver.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64bsod.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	259.2 KB 
ID:	87170

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •