cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus iv gene-z/gen3 watercool advice

yahj_20
Level 7
hi guys, a newbie here in relation to watercooling

help to what the best watercooling system to "fit" in my assembly. and what would be the the best assemble or just by a kit.
Here is my specs..

MOBO: Maximus IV GeneZ/Gen3
Memory: GSkills Sniper 8gb (4x2)
Processor: Intel iCore 5 2500k 3.3Ghz (unlocked)
Casing: Thermaltake Level 10GT
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775w

as u may notice there is no display adapter yet on the setup, which brings me to my 2nd question of should i bought 1st a graphic card before i start assembling a watercool loop.

thanks
2 REPLIES 2

JAYuill
Level 7
Hey,

You looking to have quite system or overclocked system. You could buy a Corsair H100 CPU cooler and that will bolt to top of your case but think you'll have remove existing exahust fan from top of case. You could also buy each individual item depending on what you want to cool. I know the basics of watercooling but never tried to do much watercooling as I studies Electrical and Mechanical engineering at University and never liked cooling systems.

H-100 for ease of assembly and quite frankly the kits from EK are really good, plus theyre upgradable which means if you'd like a waterblock for any specific GFX you can upgrade it, whereas the H-100 is effectively locked down.

So my tip is google for the EK kits and see what you find, otherwise for cpu alone any 1x120 or 2-3x will cool the cpu plenty all the way up to 5ghz+ (if you get a good cpu sample that actually can do 5ghz)

//best regards, azure
CPU: Core i7 2600K @ 4.6 (4.6g lvlup)
MB: Maximus GENE 4/gen3
MEM: Dominator GT 2133mhz 16gb-kit
PSU: AX-850
COOL: H-100 @ (35c-idle/66c-Linxload)
GFX: 2x7970 @ 1150/1500 (38-40c-idle/77-80c load)
SSD: 120gb Vertex 3, 60gb intel 320 SRTdrive
HDD: 1x 2tb barracuda greeny, 1x 500gb momentus xt

Working as a charm!

LAP: G73Jw : not working quite as well 😄