cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000 Slow D/L speeds - Ethernet and Wireless

gyster
Level 7
I have an AX11000 connected to a Netgear CM1000. My PC is built on a Crosshair Hero VIII with a 3900x.

I normally get about 240mbps down and around 30 up. At some point, I started maxing out at around 30mbps down but upload speeds are normal. This applies to both wired and wireless connections.

I disconnected the ethernet and connected the PC directly to the modem and my d/l speeds are normal.

I tried both ethernet connections (1G and 2.5G) on both the router and motherboard, but there seems to be no difference - both are very slow.

Any ideas for troubleshooting are certainly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Michael3_4
Level 7
I'm experiencing the same problem. My GT-AX11000 is connected to a Netgear CM1150V. My PC is hardwired to the router. Before experiencing this slowdown, my download speeds would hit 900-940 mbps and my upload averaged 40 mbps. A few months ago I discovered I was only achieving download speeds of 300-400 mbps. My upload speed does not appear to be affected.

At the time, I believed this to be a problem with my internet provider. A few weeks ago, I had a service technician out to investigate my cable and he had me connect my PC directly to the modem. Using the same Ethernet cable and now connected to the modem, I measured speeds of 940 mbps download and 40 mbps upload.

My guess is that one of the firmware updates from earlier this year has introduced a bug. I have not rolled back my router firmware yet since it's always a pain to set everything back up. I have a bunch of DHCP reservations and I don't trust backups made between different firmware versions to not mess things up.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

- Mike

Michael3_4
Level 7
Okay, I found the source of the problem (at least for me). I don't use QoS on my network, but somewhere along the way, it was enabled on my GT-AX11000. (Maybe it got enabled during an earlier firmware update.) Here's what I discovered with my PC hardwired to the router. With QoS enabled, no rules created, and upload/download speeds set to reflect gigabit internet service, I was seeing 250-350 Mb speeds using Speedtest. With QoS disabled, I'm now seeing ~940 Mb. Hope this helps. FYI, QoS is located under Game Acceleration.

- Mike

Michael3.4 wrote:
Okay, I found the source of the problem (at least for me). I don't use QoS on my network, but somewhere along the way, it was enabled on my GT-AX11000. (Maybe it got enabled during an earlier firmware update.) Here's what I discovered with my PC hardwired to the router. With QoS enabled, no rules created, and upload/download speeds set to reflect gigabit internet service, I was seeing 250-350 Mb speeds using Speedtest. With QoS disabled, I'm now seeing ~940 Mb. Hope this helps. FYI, QoS is located under Game Acceleration.

- Mike

This solved the problem also for me.
QoS enabled without any rules is the default setting my guess.
Disabled it and I got the full gigabit speed!

Hi 

For me the same. QoS was the problem. 

Thanks.