cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Extreme Purchased in China - Help

benmin
Level 7
Hello all,

I recently purchased the Asus Rampage IV Extreme motherboard for a new system build. But here's the problem - I live and work in China, so the board came with a Chinese user manual. I asked for English but I got this instead. I don't want to go through the hassle of a return if I don't have to. I have two questions:
1. Where can I find an English user manual? I searched the ASUS website and didn't find one.
2. Will the OC Key and UEFI be in Chinese or English? Any idea? If I install the board and begin to use it, I might not be able to get a refund because, well, this is China and customer service here is not that great.

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

Sofyan88
Level 7
you can directly to asus website.
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_2011/Rampage_IV_Extreme/#download
select your OS, then the download list show. select "Manual". there is show the manual in English.

I just download them all here from Indonesia.

hope it's work for you too.

Raja
Level 13
benmin wrote:
Hello all,

I recently purchased the Asus Rampage IV Extreme motherboard for a new system build. But here's the problem - I live and work in China, so the board came with a Chinese user manual. I asked for English but I got this instead. I don't want to go through the hassle of a return if I don't have to. I have two questions:
1. Where can I find an English user manual? I searched the ASUS website and didn't find one.
2. Will the OC Key and UEFI be in Chinese or English? Any idea? If I install the board and begin to use it, I might not be able to get a refund because, well, this is China and customer service here is not that great.

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.

On a sidenote, if the board does become faulty, there is no global warranty that I know of. I'd imagine the shipping to China from US is expensive. Was it cheaper to buy in China or just a gift? Just curious as I sometimes get messages from customers who get caught in a pickle, in most cases they buy abroad as the product may not be available in their native country. It's a bit of a nightmare in those cases as global shipping and faulty products never seems to go well - in most cases the product is not covered leaving them high and dry for service.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
On a sidenote, if the board does become faulty, there is no global warranty that I know of. I'd imagine the shipping to China from US is expensive. Was it cheaper to buy in China or just a gift? Just curious as I sometimes get messages from customers who get caught in a pickle, in most cases they buy abroad as the product may not be available in their native country. It's a bit of a nightmare in those cases as global shipping and faulty products never seems to go well - in most cases the product is not covered leaving them high and dry for service.

Well, I did manage to find the appropriate manuals on the website. The ASUS website doesn't like Firefox so the dropdown menus didn't appear. Browsed through IE and got everything fine.

As for the purchase, actually things are more expensive in China, about 15-20% more expensive than buying in the US since China has a luxury tax on almost everything. This includes most computer hardware. I bought from a local merchant and we seem to have developed a good relationship so if there are any problems, I imagine I can go through him to get any service I need, including warranty issues. Looking at the manual (Chinese version) it appears the UEFI menu is in English, but no word idea on the OC key. This will be interesting.

Raja@ASUS wrote:

With Crucial Technologies for one, they will honor it's warranty on anything it makes not matter whom or where in the world you bought it from. You can be a resident in China, and buy a NIB SSD through EBAY from the USA, AND Crucial USA and international branches will Honor its warranty! Unlike other manufactures that nitpick ANY REASON to void you warranty so they can weasel out of being held responsible for defective crap they dump on the consumer.

A manufactures warranty is a warranty from the manufacture. No matter where you bought it, it is still made by ASUS who is ultimately still liable for a product it makes.

Take it Upstairs wrote:
With Crucial Technologies for one, they will honor it's warranty on anything it makes not matter whom or where in the world you bought it from. You can be a resident in China, and buy a NIB SSD through EBAY from the USA, AND Crucial USA and international branches will Honor its warranty! Unlike other manufactures that nitpick ANY REASON to void you warranty so they can weasel out of being held responsible for defective crap they dump on the consumer.

A manufactures warranty is a warranty from the manufacture. No matter where you bought it, it is still made by ASUS who is ultimately still liable for a product it makes.

This thread has nothing to do with Crucial technologies.

The warranty is only valid in the location the product was purchased from unless otherwise stated. Just like many other consumer electronic products. If you cannot handle that, then buy from the country you live in. Trying to suggest otherwise in this thread shows you have an axe to grind for no particular reason other that to stir up trouble. Take it elsewhere.

Some regions don't stock certain products because there is a limited market. In such cases the consumer does not want to pay for shipping abroad when there's an issue as it is too expensive. One also has to consider any damage incurred; overseas shipping is more prone to damage. This all adds up to a nightmare for both the consumer and the vendor involved. So, pay due diligence, and check if the warranty is global before purchasing abroad if you don't want the risk of no cover, or a very lengthy return procedure if the local service center can honor the warranty. There is NOTHING underhand or weasel like about suggesting this at all.

Raja
Level 13
I doubt the OC key HUD is in Chinese, FW is non-language specific AFAIK (shooting blind on that) and it can be updated.