Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM info required asap

amitgedia
Level 9
Hi,

I have an Asus Rampage V Extreme mobo and intel i7 5820k processor

I want to upgrade my RAM to 32 GB and i was searching the corsair website and was interested in buying -

"SKU CMK16GX4M1D3000C16

VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16 Memory Kit - Black"

I just wanted to know whether this RAM will be compatible with my mobo and processor and there will be no issues using it
Need help asap as i want to order it at the earliest

Thanks

Amit
2 REPLIES 2

xmanrigger
Level 12
amitgedia wrote:
Hi,

I have an Asus Rampage V Extreme mobo and intel i7 5820k processor

I want to upgrade my RAM to 32 GB and i was searching the corsair website and was interested in buying -

"SKU CMK16GX4M1D3000C16

VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16 Memory Kit - Black"

I just wanted to know whether this RAM will be compatible with my mobo and processor and there will be no issues using it
Need help asap as i want to order it at the earliest

Thanks

Amit

Sounds like you currently have 16GB installed (should be Quad Channel). How many sticks? The memory you describe is only dual channel. You want Quad channel. Plus, this memory is not listed in your mobos QVL.

It may run on your PC, but in dual channel only. You will want a 2 stick kit. Then all memory will run in dual channel only. If I am correct, if you add just another single stick to your current config, all your memory would be knocked down to single channel mode. What I would suggest is to try and find another identical Quad Channel 16GB memory kit as the one you have. Optimal would be buying a 32GB Quad Channel Memory Kit.
GUTS: ROG Strix Z490-A / i9-10850 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000mhz / WD Black 1TB M.2 - 2TB Ki...

WATER: EK Velocity Strike - CPU / EK-Quantum Vector - GPU / 2X Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 360 Radiators / XSPC Photon Rez / D5 Pump / DISTILLED WATER + Silver Coil

cljustin
Level 8
Hi Amit,

Here's the QVL:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/Rampage_V_Extreme/R5E_QVL.pdf

It looks like it's not listed on it. It may work, but you may run into issues.