Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    GL504GM huge framedrops - GPU usage spiking out of nowhere

    I've seen multiple people mentioning the extact issue as i'm encountering myself.

    So about a week ago, i started recieving these crazy "stutters", that make any somewhat GPU intensive game completely unplayable.
    The GPU usage would randomly spike from 60 - 70% to 99 - 100% resulting in my clock speed to drop significantly and my FPS to hit single digits.

    This has nothing to do with the ingame settings, all of the games i encountered this issue with used to run perfectly fine and at very reasonable temperatures.

    The issue is demonstrated in the video shown below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPJ_...ature=youtu.be

    I've pretty much exhausted all the solutions i could find on this forum, and so far nothing has worked.
    The sudden nature of this issue appearing has made me think it's caused by some recent (driver)update, but i can't be sure.

  2. #2
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Bump

  3. #3
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    80

    Quote Originally Posted by cedie1994 View Post
    I've seen multiple people mentioning the extact issue as i'm encountering myself.

    So about a week ago, i started recieving these crazy "stutters", that make any somewhat GPU intensive game completely unplayable.
    The GPU usage would randomly spike from 60 - 70% to 99 - 100% resulting in my clock speed to drop significantly and my FPS to hit single digits.

    This has nothing to do with the ingame settings, all of the games i encountered this issue with used to run perfectly fine and at very reasonable temperatures.

    The issue is demonstrated in the video shown below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPJ_...ature=youtu.be

    I've pretty much exhausted all the solutions i could find on this forum, and so far nothing has worked.
    The sudden nature of this issue appearing has made me think it's caused by some recent (driver)update, but i can't be sure.
    This is an issue for past few months, until now no fix for us. also ive direct message of one of the asus mod here to get the changelog of BIOS updates, they response that the cannot give this info. This is either GPU driver or BIOS issue

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by cedie1994 View Post
    Bump
    Thanks for your reply
    It's pretty sad though that they haven't adressed this problem yet :/

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Still no fix as of today :/

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    107

    try rolling back your graphics drivers to a version that recently ran well. modify in-game settings to reduce shadow and or LOD.

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by KorosuKivy View Post
    try rolling back your graphics drivers to a version that recently ran well. modify in-game settings to reduce shadow and or LOD.
    As mentioned in my post, this has nothing to do with the ingame settings, i can play the game on min settings, reduce resolution to 1280 * 720 and this still occurs.
    I've also tried earlier versions of my graphics driver, clean installs with DDU, multiple factory resets,... and all to no avail.

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    107

    Quote Originally Posted by cedie1994 View Post
    As mentioned in my post, this has nothing to do with the ingame settings, i can play the game on min settings, reduce resolution to 1280 * 720 and this still occurs.
    I've also tried earlier versions of my graphics driver, clean installs with DDU, multiple factory resets,... and all to no avail.
    Well if you have exhausted all software fronts its going to be a hardware issue. and its probably going to be a low voltage getting to your GPU or thermals being overcooked.

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by KorosuKivy View Post
    Well if you have exhausted all software fronts its going to be a hardware issue. and its probably going to be a low voltage getting to your GPU or thermals being overcooked.
    Take a look at the video, temperatures are fine and these were at a hot summer day, generally i never exceed 75 °C on even the most demanding games i play.
    The issue i'm having is common for the GL504GM, there's multiple posts on this forum of people with the exact same issue, making a hardware issue far more unlikely.
    What would cause a low voltage getting to my GPU though?

  10. #10
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    107

    Quote Originally Posted by cedie1994 View Post
    Take a look at the video, temperatures are fine and these were at a hot summer day, generally i never exceed 75 ÃÃ*Չہ ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚°C on even the most demanding games i play.
    The issue i'm having is common for the GL504GM, there's multiple posts on this forum of people with the exact same issue, making a hardware issue far more unlikely.
    What would cause a low voltage getting to my GPU though?

    undervolt from the bios, "if" you have that enabled other than that your sol and will need to rma your laptop

    Btw when this happens does ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper take a ****? If that's a big juicy yes then you found your problem. if not then you're joining the rest of those that have no luck resolving this.
    Last edited by KorosuKivy; 09-30-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •