cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith II Extreme PCI-E 16x slot issue with graphics card

Helskor
Level 7
Hi,

I have a Zenith II Extreme, a 3960X and a 2080 ti and I've had issues with both PCI-E 16x slots (slot_1 and slot_3).
Everything is fine in Windows 10 and in applications, but when I reboot my PC (from Windows or the UEFI) I get a black screen (the monitor has a signal, it's just black)
No indication UEFI or Windows can't detect a GPU, everything is running fine execpt for the fact the screen is black.
This doesn't happen if I shutdown/startup the PC, only on reboots.

When I move my GPU to the 8x slot (slot_2) everything works fine. I have no idea if there's a defect with the physical 16x slots on my motherboard or this is a UEFI issue (I'm running ver 1101)
5 REPLIES 5

uxmalru
Level 7
try on bios=Advance->Onboard Devices Configuration->PCIEX16_1 Mode=GEN 3. see if it helps instead of AUTO

Tried that didn't help unfortunately

uxmalru
Level 7
i just remember in the past i got a cable for my monitor in color red and i got black screen. so i use the one of the original. maybe check the cable and cables for powering the 2080ti. I use asus 2080ti and corsair AX1600i Digital ATX Power Supply

Nocturney
Level 7
Helskor wrote:
Hi,

I have a Zenith II Extreme, a 3960X and a 2080 ti and I've had issues with both PCI-E 16x slots (slot_1 and slot_3).
Everything is fine in Windows 10 and in applications, but when I reboot my PC (from Windows or the UEFI) I get a black screen (the monitor has a signal, it's just black)
No indication UEFI or Windows can't detect a GPU, everything is running fine execpt for the fact the screen is black.
This doesn't happen if I shutdown/startup the PC, only on reboots.

When I move my GPU to the 8x slot (slot_2) everything works fine. I have no idea if there's a defect with the physical 16x slots on my motherboard or this is a UEFI issue (I'm running ver 1101)

What case are you using ?
Some have weird clearance issues that lead to the gpu being not fully or properly inserted to the slot.

RoD_Sott
Level 7

Hi guys!
I have a RTX 4090 on slot 1 of my Zenith II Extreme Alpha, and I have a Hyper M.2 X16 Gen 4 Card, which I want to use with 4 SSDs on it. But for it to work with 4 SSD, at a FAQ post here they say that it will only work with 4 SSD on Slot 1 and 3.
Since this GPU Card is very wide, the only way I could make it work together with the Hyper would be switching the GPU Card to the Slot 2, so I could have Slot 1 with the Hyper, at maximum M.2 speed.

So my question is, will my GPU card work on any slot, other than #1? Will I lose performance if I use my GPU card on slot 2 of my Zenith II? I sent this question to the ASUS support, and they replied me showing the Zenith`s 1-8 manual page that says that: "Your GPU will only work with PCIE slot 1 as shown in the manual.

Since I would need to remove the cooler, to be able to remove my card, because its all very tight here with such huge GPU card, I prefer to listen to the experts before I make such tests.

Thanks in advance,

Rod