cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Antivirus opinions /Questions Poll/Other

Austin
Level 7
Ive used Avast, Kaspersky, Eset nod32,Avast and Norton now im trying a trial of Bitdefender total security and next
Webroot Esentials but i have a few questions

What antivirus Would you recommend to some one who downloads Alot

What antivirus do you use ,Have used ,and never will touch

is there a legit good site that shows ratings on them

is it bad to keep using trials of antivirus and keep changing them ?

Rate the ones ive listed from 1-6

Webroot vs Bitdefender which one
any other stuff 😄
14 REPLIES 14

Kipper
Level 10
Seems this subject comes up over and over again on every forum alive.

Sounds like you have tried the biggest share of them and a couple more to go so you should have formed your own opinions by now.

Be interested when you finally decide if you revisit this thread and tell us which one you settled on and your reasoning for your final selection.

i do have my opinion im just curious about others

Antivir 7, can meet up with all others. And its free 🙂
Intel Core i7 3960X 4.4Ghz @ 1.28v
Asus Rampage 4 Extreme
32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 Reds
Corsair H80
Corsair AX1200
2 x M4 Crucial 128GB
3 x 2TB WD Black
2 x XFX GTX285 BE
Dell U3011

houndazs
Level 9
Microsoft Security Essintials. I'm a Certified Ethical Hacker, and i can tell you that no Anti-Virus is 100%. Also, you should never pay for anti-virus, as all AV programs get their definations from the same source. Much like gas, it all come from the same pipe line, its just distributed from there.

-ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
-Intel i7-3930k @4.42GHz
-16GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 2133MHz
-Corsair Force Series GT SSD 240GB
- 2x 3TB WD Caviar Black (RAID 1)
- XFX ProSeries 1250W PSU
-3x ASUS VE248Q 24" Monitor
- 2x XFX 7970R
- Xigmatek Elysium Black Case
- CORSAIR H100 CPU Cooler
- Logitech G500 Mouse

loli
Level 7
Agreed with the above, used to use AVG as it's free and thought it was good, then when copying files to a new machine which only had Microsoft security Essentials, realised how poor it actually was at doing its job....

So yeah, a vote for MSE from me

loli wrote:
Agreed with the above, used to use AVG as it's free and thought it was good, then when copying files to a new machine which only had Microsoft security Essentials, realised how poor it actually was at doing its job....

So yeah, a vote for MSE from me

I also switched from AVG-Free to MSE after using AVG for 8 years.

-ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
-Intel i7-3930k @4.42GHz
-16GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 2133MHz
-Corsair Force Series GT SSD 240GB
- 2x 3TB WD Caviar Black (RAID 1)
- XFX ProSeries 1250W PSU
-3x ASUS VE248Q 24" Monitor
- 2x XFX 7970R
- Xigmatek Elysium Black Case
- CORSAIR H100 CPU Cooler
- Logitech G500 Mouse

houndazs wrote:
I also switched from AVG-Free to MSE after using AVG for 8 years.

Same, been using AVG since my teens back when it was version three-point-something, then plugged my drive into fiancée's PC to backup some stuff, and her MSE went mental. Then I realised how shockingly bad AVG actually is given how much it freaks out with false-positives (trainers - yes, I cheat at single-player games depending on the game), I'd have thought overprotective is better than underprotective, but apparently it hates anything thats legitimately being run and can't find sh*t that matters....

XRIGS
Level 7
Nod32 + Comodo Firewall + Malwarebytes that's my combo. Whatever your downloading get it from a reliable source.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Well I've tried AVG and it sucked badly then I spent almost a $100 bux on that Norton Garbage and with in 2 day's all three machines I had installed it on had to have the Hard Drives reformatted and all even the one that I had just installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and done nothing else with. Norton's Customer Service stated it was a problem with the machines and I didn't know what I was talking about but I ran another Anti-Virus (Kaspersky) off it recovery CD and it found a whole Boat load of Viruses! so that was a Major Waste of money just because I thought Norton had finally gotten better from a review I had read in CPU Magazine. Then I started doing research and discovered the Kaspersky was the best out there in all of the test so I gave it a try from the copy on my Motherboard CD and never had a problem since! it's so good I even went out and purchased the 2012 version and installed it. So my recommendation would be Kaspersky all of the Way!