cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when installing win10 on bootable raid 0

DrDiezel
Level 7
Hello

was going to do a refresh install of windows 10, and reinstall it on my 2 Samsung 950 Pro in raid 0, which has worked just fine earlier. But now when i load the raid drivers during win10 install, windows just sees my raid 0 drives as 2 separetely drives.
tried deleting and recreating the raid array, but to no good. It worked fine when i installed last time, about 1.5 years ago, so that was older versions of both drivers and windows.
Can somebody help me?

My System:
Asus Zenith Extreme MB
Amd Threadripper 1920X
32 GB Ram
Geforce 2080 RTX
2 x Samsung 950 Pro
4 X SAmsung 850 Pro
2 x Samsung 840 Pro
5 REPLIES 5

uxmalru
Level 7
you have to follow to the letter this, P{age 8 or see some youtube video of it . https://drivers.amd.com/relnotes/amd-raid-quick-start-guide.pdf

If you have set it up in BIOS then Microsoft can only see one Drive. What I would do is take it out of RAID 0 and wipe the drives with Samsung's drive wiping utility that is found in the Samsung Magician software. Then re-set up the drives in BIOS to RAID 0. Then reinstall Windows

Jesseinsf wrote:
If you have set it up in BIOS then Microsoft can only see one Drive. What I would do is take it out of RAID 0 and wipe the drives with Samsung's drive wiping utility that is found in the Samsung Magician software. Then re-set up the drives in BIOS to RAID 0. Then reinstall Windows

Thanks for replying, Ok i will try that!

uxmalru wrote:
you have to follow to the letter this, P{age 8 or see some youtube video of it . https://drivers.amd.com/relnotes/amd-raid-quick-start-guide.pdf

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, but i have done that, it was working before i tried to make a fresh install of windows, but that was with older drivers and older version of windows, so it makes me wonder if something has changed.
I tried with some older drivers i had, and the first one Rcbottom that you should load seemed to work, it loaded and the drives disappear in windows setup, like they should do, but when trying to load the second driver, the storport one, it crashes...

uxmalru
Level 7
as soon as you load one the other disappear, that's normal. you can try the other first and make sure you are using the lattes from amd